Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Winchester 1873 rifles

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Ring View Post
    Are you getting gas blowback in your face? Have you had any accuracy issues?
    It's ok as far as accuracy, not a bench gun but it does ok for a short barrel lever gun in a pistol round.

Not getting gas in the face but you can see how much soot is on the fired cases.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks HawkCreek! I am strongly considering buying a new Winchester 1873 chambered in .45 Colt and this information is very helpful. Some of my most accurate loads for shooting paper inside 100 meters are light loads. Soot on the fired cases does not bother me if I don't get any gas blowback in my face.

Thanks again.

Boolit Bub
    Gents...I need some advice, please. I recently bought a Winchester (actual Winchester) ‘73 in 45 Colt. As I cast boolits for all my firearms, I made up a bunch of boolits using the Lee 452-255-RF mold. I then powder coat, then size them to .452. Final weight is 258grn avg. I load 5.6grn Titegroup. With that I get 980.3fps on average. At 25 yards, accuracy is pretty good...about 3” grouping shooting from a bench rest. The problem comes when I move out to 100 yards. Wholly carp! I’m not even on the paper shooting at a full size silhouette target. Again...shooting from a bench rest and REALLY concentrating on sight alignment. Looking forward to some sage advice here! Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Thanks, I walked into the gun shop and the owner says “I’ve got something you need to see”. 2 minutes later I was figuring out how to pay for it.
    That has happened to me at least two times. Both times I walked out with a thinner wallet than I had when I walked in. Must be an Arkansas thing, huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12