Mine are 20 to 25 years old. I have been looking halfheartedly for one like what I have for about 5 years. I have had to have the wear on the trigger/sear touched up on one gun once and the other gun twice. However, there are not too many Uberti Cattleman Colt clones in 38-40 on gunshow tables or in small gunshops.

I read that Uberti was changing the internals of their Cattleman series. I checked their webpage and they did not list 38-40 available anymore. So I started looking around seriously. Dixie Gun Works had some on sale (not a great sale, but anything is better than nothing). So I bought one. Got it today and shot it. Six cylinders full worked perfectly and was accurate. It looks just like the old ones except for the brass gripframe and a few other very minor details. It is now clean and in the gunsafe.

Note: After a few years of shooting the originals in 38-40, I converted them to 41 Long Colt and have been using them ever since. I won't be converting this one right now, but it is not hard to do. I wonder if I have shot more 41 Long Colt cartridges (on the high side of 15,000 rounds) than anyone in history?

I also noticed that Dixie had some 32-20 Cattleman on sale. They are also not listed by Uberti in the new Cattleman. If you are looking for a SAA type in 38-40 and 32-20, you had better move fast. 44-40 shooters don't need to worry. They are continuing that chambering.