Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Alerts for threads you’ve commented in

Alerts for threads you’ve commented in

On other forums I get flagged/notified upon logging in if someone has commented on a thread I have commented on. Is there something I have missed as I haven’t noticed that here.

Boolit Master
    What you are looking for is, "Subscriptions".

You can subscribe to a topic by either posting a comment in it once you have selected the correct notification, or by using the "Subscribe to this topic" selection in the "Thread Tools" option at the right hand top of the beginning of the first post on each page of a topic.

As an example, in your post above, the "Thread tools" is just above the word, "someone" , in your first sentence. It has a little upside down triangle next to it & a menu drops down if you click on it.

If you click on the "Subscribe to this Thread" choice, you will be taken to a page where you can set your notifications.

Now, once you have subscribed to a thread & selected your notification settings, in order to look at your Subscriptions, you have to go into your USER CP choice in the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of every page by clicking on the Down Arrow triangle next to your user name.

Once in your, "User CP, you will scroll down page a little bit & look to the left in the menu for "Subscriptions".

Click on "Subscriptions", and you will need to follow the choices you wish to select for being notified & how often, etc.. , Or, once you have subscriptions, it will list what subscriptions your have made.There is additional selections at the lower right of the page of subscriptions where there is a tab that says, "Selected Threads". There you can modify notifications as well.

Since I have a lot of subscriptions, I can't tell you right now how to look at the Subscriptions page when there is no subscriptions yet, but I know that if you use the "Thread tools" selection mentioned above, the page that comes up will give you options on notifications as well.

G'Luck! & I hope I helped more than confused ya.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Another way to see your subscriptions is to use the Quick Links button in the banner at the top of every page next to DONATE. Choose it and a list will open from which you can access your subscriptions.

Moderator Emeritus

I use the "Advanced search".
    I have entered my user ID in as a default, so with just a couple mouse clicks, all the posts that I have participated in come up as a list.
    It is chronological as per any activity, the highlighted ones are posts I have not seen since any activity has occurred.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

If you go to your User Control Panel, it will show you all new posts to threads to which you've subscribed as others have described above. When I log in, I go directly to that Control Panel, first thing, and read the new posts. I use this link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/usercp.php

To get to your Control Panel, click your name in the top right corner and a drop down box will appear. Click UserCP.

To see new posts in each thread, use the same button you do to see any new post in any other thread which is the tiny blue button to the left of the thread title.

With all of that said, this forum uses a version of VBulletin which I like very much. In fact, I prefer forums that use this software because It's familiar to me. Other forums you're on might use a different software system which will show you things in very different ways.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Ok, little different than im used to. Thanks to all