Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lee 358-125 RF cowboy load Marlin 1894C micro groove.

Lee 358-125 RF cowboy load Marlin 1894C micro groove.

So I found a 2.8 grs. bullseye and another manufactures 125 gr. cowboy bullet as a published load. I have been told the lee mold I am getting drops as .359. My plan is water quenching, Lee liquid lube and loading into surplus W-W military brass as cast. Anyone here shooting this combination in cowboy action?

At that load level, there's the chance of sticking the bullet in the longer barrel of the rifle. I don't normally post loading data in open forums, but I've loaded approximately 40,000 rounds of Cowboy loads using the Magma version of the 125 gr. FP and .6 gr. of Bullseye MORE than your load, which is 3.4 gr. of Bullseye. This load also works with 105 gr. bullets for the handguns.

I simply use those two weights because I can get more bullets per pound of alloy, and at the ranges we're shooting, it doesn't make much difference what weight hits the steel target, it still goes "ding".

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Ok, I know what your saying. Earlier when I substituted lee’s TL 125 RN but sized to .356 as was intended for 9mm, some rounds sounded weak in the revolver. But again, the were undersized. Hopefully this bullet sized bigger with more bearing surface, means consistent pressure and ignition. I’ll load 50-100 for testing. And I can work my way up in powder charge if needed.

Update, 2.8 grs. bullseye makes a nice bang and is 100% consistent in the 18 1/2” rifle. This bullet feeds wonderfully.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    You can push that boolit a lot harder in your 1894C. Mine is just like yours, micro groove and all. I load these slugs in mid-range .357's and they shoot great!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    You can push that boolit a lot harder in your 1894C. Mine is just like yours, micro groove and all. I load these slugs in mid-range .357's and they shoot great!
    Ok, I may try that, for now I just want a nice bang with minimal recoil for fast follow up.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Honestly, that is what my loads produce!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.