WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: ?? Rem 1100 28 ga mag tube chunk knocked out

Banned

?? Rem 1100 28 ga mag tube chunk knocked out

O-Tay guy brings in a shotgun in today he was given.
    Wanted to know if I could repair the broken magazine tube. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190110_150016.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	233665
    I put the piece of paper in there so you can see the chunk that's knocked out.
    Upon further inspection I also noticed that the feed latch is gone.
    The customer goes well what's that do ?
    Well when you feed shells in the magazine it keep them in place. If it's not there shells come spit back out at you.
    He replied; yeah that's what it was doing.
    I asked you how are you shooting it ? Just one at a time ,single shot.

I told him I'd look up parts for it and give him a call back.

I don't even know if I want to attempt this magazine tube. The finish on this little 28 is some kind of swampy mossy oak camo.

A 28gauge 1100 is darn well worth fixing. The question is who put a m80 in the mag tube?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

It appears like at one time then part was broken and epoxy was used??? It could be leftover camo paint.

I do know another LGS closed. they were the ones that were doing carbine builds on a stool in the front room.
    I used to shoot skeet and sporting clays. I've owned several 1100. I know guys that have won national championships with 1100. 3- 1100 here in the last month have come in. I've never seen anything like this.

How in the heck did they do that? Lifter jam and they just beat it out with a hammer? The barrel support is missing in that pic. Generally the receivers get refinished when the mag tube is replaced. They're brazed in there using a jig to keep the mag tube straight and the barrel/action bar support positioned correctly.

Banned

No clue how it broke. This is another given to me gun.

On another note. A LEO/EMT stopped in last week. He proceeded to tell me his Chief had LGS ,the bench stool shop; Install a can on a 308.

After 4 shots the Chief is like,WTH I can't hit the target even at 25 feet?????

He looks at the rifle & sees a keyhole in the can. Yea, installed crooked, was never checked or shot.

Yesterday another customer explaned of how he learned his build off YouTube.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Not only does it make you ask how? But also how have these people survived to middle age?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Banned
    Looks like someone had a notion to put an extended tube on it saw another one just like in 12 ga I told the kid the tubes are brazed in place he didnt believe it