Don: OK, here's the month and issue numbers for all the good .44 articles by Brian Pearce.

.44 Special. Aug 2005 Handloader #236 Everything you need to know about that cartridge in all the different power levels.

.44 Magnum Mid Range Loads. Oct 2005 Handloader #237 All kinds of useful Mid-Range Loads.

.44 Magnum +P Loads Apr 2010 Handloader #265 Hot Rod stuff that won't get you killed, done by someone who knows what he's doing.

And if you are interested,,, my personal favorite and my first Issue of this magazine. Aug 2007 Handloader #248 Everything you need to know about Loading the .45-70 for the Marlin 1895 to all the different pressure levels. This is the best source of load data for the .45-70 I have ever seen, and has everything from Trapdoor Loads to real Butt Kickers..

All these are available as back issues for like $5 ea. from Wolfe Publishing. And all are worth having for just that one article.

I tend to separate the issues with stuff I like and want to refer back to, from the issues that are not that interesting. My good pile kept in the Shop has that .45-70 mag on top, then in descending order the .44 Special article, the Midrange article, then the +P article, and then various issues with articles on other calibers I have and use.

The rest live in shopping bags in the garage.

Unfortunately like all magazines you subscribe to there is going to be stuff you're interested in and stuff that you just plain don't care about. I still learn something from every issue, but you actually have to read them all the way thru to get that one little pearl of wisdom we all seek.

So as far as subscribing,,, You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

I consider both Handloader and Rifle to be worth it so I subscribe. YMMV

Randy