RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyman MAG 25 Broke

Boolit Master

Lyman MAG 25 Broke

My Mag 25 started dripping around the nozzle. Lyman said they couldn't fix it but for 175.00 they would send me a new one. Glad I kept my six Lee pots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AC97EBB-4430-4DA3-B253-13399FF7347F.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	233612

Boolit Master

Wow, really a leak in the weld around the nozzle... not just a drippy nozzle. They will not send a replacement pot? That is a black eye for them.

Vendor Sponsor

does not even looked welded .. looks like JB Weld
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I was once considering buying one but got a Master Caster instead. Not very good support from Lyman. Hope you new one works out better for you. I would try to fix it. Maybe a good welder could do it. Then sell the new one.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    This is the Lyman I know. I had heard good things about them recently. It looks like they're slipping again.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Vendor Sponsor

Its Chinese made. We need a few other mag 25 owners to look at their nozzles and tell us if they see welds or metal puddy around their nozzles
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

That's lead dripping out took me by surprise thought the PID unit would go first. They should have how to make the pot down pat after all these years. Won't being getting another one but it was fun while it lasted. Some of my Lee pots are 30 years old and still going, but they are China pots too.

Boolit Master

The MAG 25 only has 1year warranty and no spare parts in US.

Boolit Bub
    You have a private message.

Banned

I had pretty good luck with lyman 25s. One time an element burned out and lyman sold me a replacement. When I lost them in the barn fire I replaced them with two rcbs pots that have worked without problem. One thing about rcbs is they will 999 times out of a 1000 fix or replace anything for any reason. I just contacted them last week because the cutter head on my power trimmer was getting dull after MANY MANY thousands of trim jobs. They put a brand new one in the mail that day for free. When I need loading gear I look at Dillon and rcbs first. No two companys in any industry have better customer service. Hornady is pretty much right up there with them too. Lyman is way down the list in customer support. Lee is even better to deal with when you have problems then lyman ever was.

Those Chinese workers are sneaky people.I had to take three manifolds for my 9n Ford tractor back to Tractor Supply because they leaked.The TS clerk and I discovered that they had put silver/gray putty on the manifold to make it look flat.When the heat got to it from firing up the tractor,the putty blew out." Lyman beware!

I won't buy anymore Lyman anything. I bought a 4500 kit that was missing the heater. Customer service said to email the receipt and they would send a heater. Then she changed her mind and said to return the whole kit and get it replaced. Then she incinuated that I was lying. I wasn't going to wait several weeks for a replacement and pay to ship it back so I bought a heater and decided there are better places to do business with. I like Lyman equipment but their lousy CS ran me off.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Do you want fries with that?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    That's lead dripping out took me by surprise thought the PID unit would go first. They should have how to make the pot down pat after all these years. Won't being getting another one but it was fun while it lasted. Some of my Lee pots are 30 years old and still going, but they are China pots too.
    The Lee pots are made in the U.S.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master

I don't think the parts are made in the USA. Also everyone think about one thing your cell phone, tablet and computers are all China made.

Boolit Master
    But the Lee pots are a whole lot cheaper to buy. It’s hard not to get **** that has been made in China but I will not pay big bucks for something that used to be made in North America that is now made in China just for the brand name.
    Many times it’s almost impossible not to but if there is any chance I will.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
    But the Lee pots are a whole lot cheaper to buy. It’s hard not to get **** that has been made in China but I will not pay big bucks for something that used to be made in North America that is now made in China just for the brand name.
    Many times it’s almost impossible not to but if there is any chance I will.
    I have 6 Lee pots 4 20lbs. and 2 10lbs there good pots. Casted over hundred thousand bullets with them.

Boolit Master
    I have 6 Lee pots 4 20lbs. and 2 10lbs there good pots. Casted over hundred thousand bullets with them.
    I only have one 10 lb and so far works good.

Boolit Master

It's been 3yrs since I bought anything from Lyman.
    I bought 2 Brand New Molds. A #429667 4cav & #429244GC 2cav. They both dropped at .428dia with LINOTYPE !?!?.
    I called Lyman, explained that they were way undersized. Had to return the molds on my dime.

Received new molds 2 weeks later. Something seemed fishy. I had kept the original paper work. I checked, both molds were made by the same person on the same day and they inspected by the same person on the same day. I called Lyman Cust Serv and screamed bloody murder. The Cust Serv Rep (a young female) could not understand the problem. She had no concept of bullet casting.

Then I remembered an email question that I sent to HANDLOADER Mag. They referred me to the Lyman Tech Mgr. (the Guy who writes/edits their Reloading Manuals).

I checked my Email archives, sure enough I still had his email address. I sent him an email outlining the problem. He sent me a response to mail the molds DIRECTLY TO HIM PERSONALLY.

They came back 2 weeks later. With sample bullets that measured .431dia dropped using #2 alloy.

He's retired since. Guess the Corporate types drove him out.

I haven't bought anything except small replacement parts from them since. And the New style handles.

It's literally Heartbreaking to see an old line American Co. broken by corporate types with no understanding of the Company they are supposed to be running.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
    I only have one 10 lb and so far works good.
    Each one does different types of lead.

Banned

there serviceable pots but cast with an rcbs pot a couple times and youll be digging in your wallet. that said id buy a lee WAY before id buy a lyman today. Not that lyman pots are junk. Far from it. there almost as good as an rcbs and a 100 bucks cheaper. But then the first time something goes wrong with it your going to spend that 100 bucks anyway. All said if your on a budget and I understand some here are and some aren't into casting as much as others the lee pots are hard to beat for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast