WidenersRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB: Used steel frame cap and ball revolver for a "project gun" I want to do

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

WTB: Used steel frame cap and ball revolver for a "project gun" I want to do

I’m looing for a reasonably priced decent used steel frame cap and ball revolver for a “project gun” I’m looking to work on. No brass frame as it may get a conversion cylinder at some point.

I would prefer a steel frame .36 caliber 1851 or 1861Navy but would consider a steel frame .44 caliber 1860 Army or similar as well. Needs to function well – i.e. good lock up and not need internal work and good chambers and bore that aren’t rusted or pitted badly. Outside finish can be worn, minor scratches and handling marks, etc. as it will be refinished and I will probably make a new set of grips for it as well. The barrel will probably get shortened a tad bit too. I guess you could sum it up as looking for a "shooter" and not necessarily a candidate for a "beauty contest".

Pietta, Uberti or similar – just needs to function well and lock up tight and not need a lot of interior work as I can't see well enough to do any gunsmithing work on it as far as internals go.

If you have something that’s sitting in the safe or you don’t shoot anymore, please drop me a PM and what you’d be asking for it. Pictures would help as well if possible.

Thanks.

Jim

friday bumpity bump still looking

bump . . . .

Boolit Master
    Nothing on Gunbroker?

Check your safes fellas - you never know what you might have buried that you forgot about!

Would rather buy from a member here is someone has something that will work.

Thanks!

6. 01-22-2019, 02:15 AM
    Reason
    Banned Member

Pm sent

Thank you Iron Brigade - much appreciated!

Yep - saw the stainless but this project is going to be "antiqued" when done - stainless won't work for what I want to do and I really don't care for the stainless - more "traditional" . . . but thanks for posting - appreciate it!

I haven't looked on GB as I've been "stung" several times on GB - prefer to get something from a member here

STILL LOOKING - would like to find a 1851 steel frame Navy (.36) or a 1861 model - Pietta or Uberti in good shape that locks up and functions fine - finish wear is no biggie or light pitting - just so it can be loaded and shot safely - thanks