Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks

Boolit Grand Master

Fireworks

New Years eve is tomorrow.
    Here, you need to buy a $35 permit to buy a 5000 string.
    The period to buy was only 5 days.
    No refund on unused permits.
    Most places ran out of fireworks by the third day.
    All aerials have been banned.
    Since Thanksgiving, aerials have been going off all over the place.
    Once in a while a string will go off.
    Black market is thriving.
    Fireworks were a part of religious tradition for the Asian here.
    Now we have to pay for a permit to practice part of our religion.
    Once a year we want to celebrate.
    They want to ban Fireworks, but want to legalize pot.
    How dumb is that???
    How is it in your place????
    Friend went to Vegas, and said you could set off Fireworks all years round.
    Is that true?????

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Here, ALL fireworks are banned. Pretty sure anything over party poppers is "Verboten". Dang, I feel just so FREE when they ban everything >.>

Pot, here, is free to buy, but if someone grew their own w/o a medical card that's a felony (And it's still verboten federally.) Not my thing, but I've known how to make wine / beer since I was a teen, so I'm covered pretty well.

And if I wanted something in fireworks I could zip down to one of the local Indian Reservations and buy it, pretty sure some loud stuff's available there!

May just stay home and work on problem solving instead of spending money on loud stuff, and go make loud noises at a Range later

Boolit Grand Master

All illegal here - suburbia and fireworks just don't really go together very well. Ignoring all the injuries stupid people do to themselves (hopefully only themselves!).
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I don't realy keep up with it.I think we have 5 holidays that we can buy fireworks. As far as I know we can pop them whenever we want.(short a burn ban or city ordinance prohibiting) fireworks are not the same as they were when I was a kid,some are tamed way down,while there are things we could have only dreamed about when we were having bottle rocket wars
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

In some states it is legal to buy fireworks could you use a Thunder Mug
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned

Year round here
    The most freedom of any state I know of

No regs in Mississippi in general though some cities do have noise ordinances. I just hate blowing up money that could go to reload or milsurps.

Alabama and Tennessee seem to have fireworks stores along the interstate open all year long best I know.

Boolit Master

Do you think virtually the same "signal cannon" could be made with say a .54 cal muzzleloader with 70 gr of black or pyrodex powder with a bit of dry newspaper wadding, or a .54 over powder wad + some damp newspaper tamped over the charge. Set this off with a cap?
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Anything that goes bang or leaves the ground is forbidden here too, but on the 4th or New Years the neighborhood is alive with big mortars.

I can maybe understand restricting some things in the summer time here in the Pacific Northwest, but with all the rain we get there’s really no forest fire danger here this time of year.

When I was a kid I loved fireworks. My grandparents would travel and bring us back a bunch of firecrackers. I would have fun for a week with a couple hundred firecrackers. Nowadays not so much, don’t care to spend money on such things. I can’t even give them to my kids to enjoy, living in town.

Boolit Grand Master

As far as I know fireworks can be bought and owned but setting them off is illegal, though rarely enforced. Around here on New years most fire a fw shots in the air from their hunting guns. Probably more dangerous than the fireworks since that slug is coming down somewhere.

Boolit Master
    When I was younger, I enjoyed fireworks. I now hate them with a passion. This has little to do with the actual fireworks and more to do with the people who use them. Please understand that I am speaking only as it relates to where I live. Here, there are few legal limits on purchase and use. But people here find ways to abuse their privilege. The noise continues all hours of the night making sleep all but impossible. The debris covers public roads and the private property of others. No effort is made to clean up their mess. I have had to run people off of my property who were shooting fireworks there without asking me if they could do so. I have had rockets bounced off my house. So, yep, I hate fireworks.....at least as they are abused around my house.

Boolit Master
    In Co. If it leaves the ground or goes bang, it is banned.

It's going to be 12 deg F at 00:00. I'll be under the covers.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Pa just recently made Ariel stuff legal after years and years . I've never had the desire to buy or set them off the neighbors always did that and got to see the "show" for free .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I don't mind the sound of fireworks into the late hours on the 4th, or midnight-ish on New Years. Even a day or two before and after is understandable. If I have to get up the next day and I'm trying to sleep it is a bit obnoxious, but I can put up with it a few days a year, just smile and remember when I was young and dumb myself.

What burns me are the dolts who are out setting them off at 2am a week before. I don't have much tolerance for that.

Boolit Master
    Fireworks were illegal in Iowa for decades but recently the law changed and allows selling for the 4th and for New Years. The fact that they were banned didn't really matter as you could drive a couple hours and get anything you want in MO, SD or a good variety of stuff in NE.

How do people get illegal fireworks into HI? It seems like that would be fairly difficult given its location.

Boolit Master

In Florida they are illegal without an AG waiver which is free and on hand at every fireworks stand. It's amazing how many people with a 1/4 acre lots have bird issues.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    How do people get illegal fireworks into HI? It seems like that would be fairly difficult given its location.
    Private boats from Asia.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    Fireworks were illegal in Iowa for decades but recently the law changed and allows selling for the 4th and for New Years. The fact that they were banned didn't really matter as you could drive a couple hours and get anything you want in MO, SD or a good variety of stuff in NE.

"How do people get illegal fireworks into HI? It seems like that would be fairly difficult given its location.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Drugs come in by the boat load.
    Illegal animals come in all the time. Even fish!!!!
    Can't figure how they bring live fish in.

Years back we had a caiman in a pond.
    Keepers were wondering why the ducks were disappearing.
    They never caught it, but a guy I know said his friend shot it.
    He was asked by someone in the government to do it.
    Spent three days, but he got it.
    government denied any knowledge of what happened to it.
    Last edited by abunaitoo; 01-01-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Must be close to midnight in the states.
    Still early here.
    Ate dinner, rested a while, and went outside to watch the free fireworks show.
    Makes the government look so stupid.
    Ban on aerials, but there going off all over the place.
    Some really big ones. Nice.
    Cat is sleeping. Not really bothering her.
    We've been having "product displays" from Thanksgiving, so she kind of gotten use to it.
    Rained a little earlier, but skies are clear now.
    Really wish I had some to set off.
    Would bring back memories of happier times in the good old days.
    Last edited by abunaitoo; 01-01-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    In some states it is legal to buy fireworks could you use a Thunder Mug
    He scares the heck out of me, whacking it with that mallet.
    Last edited by Pressman; 01-02-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Language correction
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast