Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything

Thread: 300 Blackout boollet mold

Boolit Bub

300 Blackout boolit mold

Has anyone used any of the NOE boolit molds designed for powder coating in the 300 Blackout? I want to use it in a AR15. I am interested in a boolit about 150 gr. to shoot sonic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Don
    Last edited by sagebrush rebel; 01-09-2019 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned

There are several that work well from NOE in the wt range you're looking for.

Only caveat would be to make sure the nose is small enough that after powder coating it still fits as intended.

Boolit Buddy
    If you are not stuck on NOE, I'm powder coating Lee's c309-160-R and getting 1500fps with AA2230.
    My soft alloy BHN11 is coming out at 166gr.
    Groups good, no problems cycling.
    Had to polish the seater a little with chamfer and deburring tool to stop the ring at the nose of the bullet.
    Benny

Boolit Master

The bullet I use is the Lee 312-155 Harris designed bullet. It shoots and functions very well and you can get a six cavity mold to cast a bunch of bullet fast for not a lot of money. I size these at .311" and use the Lovex/Shooter World "Blackout" powder. I do not powder coat I guess I'm old school but I have always used lubed and sized bullets and have not seen any reason to change.

Ken
    Last edited by skeet1; 01-09-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Boolit Master

I will have in the NOE 311414 clone this week. The nose is perfect for PC at .302 at it's largest. Also the shank on the bullet is perfect for the 300 BO at .315 if fully seated or .250 seated to the crimp groove. There is 1 left, dropped from 4 when I ordered mine. Does not seem to produce it in greater than 2C for some reason. It would have been nice to get it in a 2C RG mould, but I am not sure you could make a SP with the option of HP... might have to be more of a FP.

I have the Lee MOLD DC C312-155-2R and it will not work in my rifle with PC, to fat... barely works without PC.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...03nn51j31pc290

31-142C from accurate works for me. FP PB ~145gr with my alloy. Seat so step just touches the end of throat.
    Whatever!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    31-142C from accurate works for me. FP PB ~145gr with my alloy. Seat so step just touches the end of throat.
    What COAL are you using???

Boolit Buddy

Lee C312-155-2R works well for this.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkhuntclub View Post
    Lee C312-155-2R works well for this.
    Many people use this bullet with good results and so do I. If you look through previous threads there are multiple posts about 300 bullets. 15gr of H110 and your set for general plinking.

Banned
    I PC these and have great results

311-232-FN 5 NOE
    311-247-FN 4 NOE

I'm still out on losing the lube grooves

It increases the boolit contact with the rifling

I have yet to read where it increases accuracy. (please include links in you know of any tests that prove or disprove this)

If for any reason you or your relatives want to sell the mold you've severely limited the number of people interested in it.

this is also my go-to lighter weight boolit "Lee C312-155-2R"

Jmort - I just size the body to fill the throat and seat so the step at the nose just touches the bore. Any longer and the AR jams. Never measured COAL. Very accurate.
    Whatever!

im using the lyman 311329 185gr spire point checked design powder coated getting butter smooth feeding and respectable groups at 150-200yrd distances from a 16.1" barrel with carbine length gas system.

Boolit Bub
    I am using the Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold C312-155-2R and sizing down to 309. They are powder coated and I am using 9.5 Gr of IMR 4227. It is definitely a mild load but it is great for plinking out to 150 yards.

Boolit Mold
    I also size the Lee 155-2r to .309 and lube with LLA. Seated to just touch the rifling over 15.5gr of IMR4227 gives 1750fps. Very accurate in my Wilson Combat 16” barrel with carbine gas and 1:8@ twist. No leading at all (gas checked).

Boolit Master

So, I have cast and shot a bunch of the NOE 30-152-SP bullets in my 300 BO AR over the last few weeks. This bullet is perfect in the weight range you are looking for. I have had 1 FTF and that was a crappy mag without an anti-tilt follower. They are pretty accurate as well, both conventional lube and PC.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    So, I have cast and shot a bunch of the NOE 30-152-SP bullets in my 300 BO AR over the last few weeks. This bullet is perfect in the weight range you are looking for. I have had 1 FTF and that was a crappy mag without an anti-tilt follower. They are pretty accurate as well, both conventional lube and PC.
    Thank you for the information. Has anyone tried the HTC309-153-SP-BC3 without the lube groves?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by army_doc View Post
    I am using the Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold C312-155-2R and sizing down to 309. They are powder coated and I am using 9.5 Gr of IMR 4227. It is definitely a mild load but it is great for plinking out to 150 yards.
    That's just what I was considering using for my .300 Blackout. I was a bit concerned that if you are already starting with a .312 bullet and then you add a few thousandths with powder coating, would that size OK through the Lee.308 sizing die without too much strain. I like the bullet and want a 6 cavity mold so that sort of limits my choices. I know I could just get the Lee .308 mold but I wanted a spire point and also the 6 cavity, both of which Lee does not offer with their .308 molds.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by tluke View Post
    That's just what I was considering using for my .300 Blackout. I was a bit concerned that if you are already starting with a .312 bullet and then you add a few thousandths with powder coating, would that size OK through the Lee.308 sizing die without too much strain. I like the bullet and want a 6 cavity mold so that sort of limits my choices. I know I could just get the Lee .308 mold but I wanted a spire point and also the 6 cavity, both of which Lee does not offer with their .308 molds.
    I haven't had any problem sizing them down to 309 diameter they've been working like a champ

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the comeback.

Banned

had great results super sonic with the rcbs 130 spitzer gas check mold. Problem is there hard to find. Took me two days of searching to find one. Seems the black out people suck them up fast. Sure do wish it was a 4 cav mold though. 20 lb pot at my age is a work out with one two cav mold in action.