MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Downloading entire threads including Pictures

Banned

Downloading entire threads including Pictures

Is there a way to download entire threads from Cast Boolits? I want to have them on my personal computer before all the information is erased.

Boolit Master
    Yes. It would be a LOT of work though, in the only way I know how to do it, right now.

You would have to copy/paste entire topics/threads, paste into a word processor, then if there are any pictures, you would have to download them too if you want them & place them into the word processor you are using. If there are any links, you would have to either leave them as they are & try them when you re-read the topic in/on your computer, or, go to that link & see what you can include as an addendum to your saved topic.

I would love for their to be another way, since I have been going thru the Archives of this forum for a while now & only have hit select choices in 45 pages out of 138 of them. I am currently at Archive topic #11380 & have only read about 1000 or so of those & I am only on page 45...

The CB.GL Archive link I am currently going thru:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/arch...x.php/f-8.html

Yes, without a better way than the above, it would take a LOT of time...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

USMC 77, USRA 79

There is a better way using an IPad... the iPad has the ability to do it one complete page at a time and convert it into a PDF to save into IBooks. But still it is one page at a time. For threads that have lots of pages it is still a lot of work. I do it all the time for threads I want to use as reference... if you need help doing this with Ipad, just message me.

Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    There is a better way using an IPad... the iPad has the ability to do it one complete page at a time and convert it into a PDF to save into IBooks. But still it is one page at a time. For threads that have lots of pages it is still a lot of work. I do it all the time for threads I want to use as reference... if you need help doing this with Ipad, just message me.

Marko
    I would like to know that process since I have a Iphone, if it would work on the Iphone.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

USMC 77, USRA 79

Ok, try this.. not sure how it looks on an iPhone.. screen is smaller, so icons might be in different places....

Attachment 233521

Then this...

Attachment 233522

Then open IBooks and rename the file so you can reference it and know what files is what. When finished with renaming, you can email the resulting PDF to yourself and your computer

Hope this helps....
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I will try it later today after I find a topic that I want to try and save, & let ya know if I can get it to work. I like .pdf files & have many saved for reference. Once I can get them into that format, I will transfer them to my laptop as well, if I can.

Thanks!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Banned
    I figured out a yet another way...
    I go to the top Of the browser (chrome) where it has settings Under "more tools" there is a place to save entire page... That saves the page. Copy that to a folder and save each page to the folder...I just copied a thread with 29 pages ...took about 3 minutes. Good enough for me. Thanks everybody.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I figured out a yet another way...
    I go to the top Of the browser (chrome) where it has settings Under "more tools" there is a place to save entire page... That saves the page. Copy that to a folder and save each page to the folder...I just copied a thread with 29 pages ...took about 3 minutes. Good enough for me. Thanks everybody.
    Nice! I use Chrome right now & I see that "tool".

Thanks!
    Looks like you found your own best solution. Very cool!

I am still going to try that Iphone method mentioned earlier by Markopolo though. That would be handy for me also.

Thanks to both! Learn new things every day here!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Banned
    I just did 1 page of the thread by clicking ctrl A -- copy then paste in word

If you missed something you could try "thewaybackmachine"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post

Yes I will have to try waybackmachine. Want posts by former member "Marshall". Priceless info there.
    Also, saving the pages as webpages is easier than converting to word format.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post

Yes I will have to try waybackmachine. Want posts by former member "Marshall". Priceless info there.
    Also, saving the pages as webpages is easier than converting to word format.