Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 caliber revolvers

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by crankycalico View Post
    in a 120 mile circle, I have 3 walmarts, 2 dunhams, and 2 independent FFL holders.

That's all I got to pick from when it comes to looking at guns. SO much BS these days
    Surely there is a GP100 or SP101 at one of those locations. The 327 guns are identical to the 357's. At that point You can order from any online source. Gallery of guns has most if not all Ruger 327's on sale right now. I just looked at their GP100, $655 to the FFL door is a steal for such a great gun.

Boolit Grand Master
    in a 120 mile circle, I have 3 walmarts, 2 dunhams, and 2 independent FFL holders.

That's all I got to pick from when it comes to looking at guns. SO much BS these days
    Don’t know where you’re located, but if you have two independent FFLs w/in driving range, you could probably cultivate one of them to receive (a) gun(s) for you... I’ve got the Wally Worlds and a couple of LGSs and pawn shops in town, but it’s been several years since I bought a gun out of stock from any of them, and I’ve found a couple more specialty guns @ more distant shops while traveling in state. Otherwise i’ve bought mostly on line and had them transferred via a highly valued FFL I cultivated years ago. Different strategies work in different areas. I’ve also bought at gun shows (but mostly sell there now) and of course there’s always face to face, auctions, and yard sales if legal in your locale... all have been productive for me over the years.

In the past, 32s have been among the least popular guns at many venues, and bargains have been available, but I fear that bus has left the station!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    1 ffl only does transfers, other just sells over priced rifles and shotguns and some supplies.

Walmarts, gah I just look to laugh. Dunhams, rifles and shotguns, only revolvers they carry are the smith body guard and rock island.

Pawn shop don't deal with transfers.

Boolit Master
    I have a S&W m 31 that is missing the ejector assy. Anyone have an ejector assy they would like to sell. Mine is a 4" with the 1.250 cyl length. Would really like to get this gun working again.

Buck

Boolit Grand Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3768 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	233711
    A man desiring a 32 could do a whole lot worse than purchasing an SP 101 in the 327 Magnum caliber. It will need a trigger job, and my grand daughter prefers "pretty" guns, so a grip swap may be in order. But they shoot very well.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I only have a little sw 32 long.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8049.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	233714

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I have a S&W m 31 that is missing the ejector assy. Anyone have an ejector assy they would like to sell. Mine is a 4" with the 1.250 cyl length. Would really like to get this gun working again.

Buck
    You might go onto GunBroker and check for either a complete Model 30/31 cylinder assembly or better yet one of the parts kits for those models that show up there often. I say this because the ejector needs to be fit to the cylinder more so than to the gun, so I would pursue changing out the whole assembly. One GB vendor I've seen with these cylinders (and even the occasional ejector if you insist on going that route) is Larry Poppert who trades on GB as "shotoman" IIRC. You may also find the ejector or cylinder assembly in Numrich/GPC's catalog. The point is, they're out there if you look.

I know it's none of my business but how in the *#^@* did you lose an ejector?

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    1 ffl only does transfers, other just sells over priced rifles and shotguns and some supplies.

Walmarts, gah I just look to laugh. Dunhams, rifles and shotguns, only revolvers they carry are the smith body guard and rock island.

Pawn shop don't deal with transfers.

Talk to the one who only does transfers, do your homework to find what you want online, then buy exactly what you want. Problem solved! BTW, do you have gun shows in your state??

Froggie

+1 on the Gun Show. Take cash with you. Even the Blue States have Gun Shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    A new one out of Czech Republic made by Alpha Proj called Czech Point. Alloy frame in 32 S&W Long 4" or 6" for about $300. I have only handled one but it felt pretty good. Of course I don't have any shooting experience with one so can't give it a review. But if I had $300 in disposable cash I would have one. love the .32s

I get 32 S&W & Colts fairly often on trades. They are service type revolvers with fixed sights and are of no interest to me. I am always looking for the target models in 32 and 32/20. Those are like gold and usually sell
    for twice what a 38sp target in similar model goes for. I think the 32 & 32/20 are very useful and accurate field
    guns. I have got several in very nice shape in the last year. I would put adjustable sights on one but just don't have the heart to butcher a good original gun. At shows the price on 32s & 32/20 are fairly high but if you are
    trading in the real world there are a lot of 32s in the wood work. The availability and cost of ammo is a negative
    for the average guy if he's not a gun nut. The small pistols for 32S&W short are useless unless they are a true
    collector item. They are the opposite of guns for 32 long S&W. Most are not worth the price of a box of factory
    ammo. I do turn those down all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12