RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Thoughts on the lake... rev. 21 v 8

Boolit Master

Thoughts on the lake... rev. 21 v 8

“But the cowardly, the vile, the unbelieving, the murderers, the sexually immoral,the sorcerers , the idol worshipers and all liars - they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

In rev 20 v 14 death and hades are cast into the lake of fire. Being inanimate, would it be safe to interpret this as meaning both death and the Hadean realm will be brought to an end?
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    Could it be that those described by 21 v. 8 are also brought to an end? Satan along with the beast and false prophet are to be tormented forever, but this is not said about men.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    It's my prayer but not my belief
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    Could it be that those described by 21 v. 8 are also brought to an end? Satan along with the beast and false prophet are to be tormented forever, but this is not said about men.
    There really is no word in the Greek New Testament that means "forever" in the way English speakers understand it. The New Testament writers wrote "unto the ages of ages." Whether of not that means forever is debated when it comes to God's dealing with the unsaved.

In my mind, unending torment for the lost is incompatible with God's character as revealed in the Bible. So I lean toward thinking the unsaved will be obliterated.

"Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?" (Gen 18:25) I know he will.

A man named Edward Fudge has written a couple books arguing the belief (from Scripture) that sinners are obliterated rather than tortured forever. He really makes some good points and was worth the read. Hell a Final Word is his shorter book.