Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lube problem

Banned
    I use home made lithi-bee and never had that issue. I do keep my bullets much farther apart though. I think you put them way to close together.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    would have thought that a recipe for disaster (fouling) with blackpowder? no?
    I didn’t notice the OP was loading BP. Someone on the forum mentioned shooting PCed boolits with BP, but he was lubing them too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    With simple lube mine come out filled perfect unlike Bens red but I'm still workin on that.
    I do add the lanolin though and don't let it set up totally solid.
    They even make a little suction noise - put more boo;its in the holes and repeat.
    Those are the only 2 I have tried though.
    If one of you had told me this as a how to do it I would have just said "you mad, that will never work" - at best you gonna get half filled lube grooves - ? ---enough blokes are tellin the story that it must work, even tho it makes no sense to me

cookie cutter is quick simple and reliable - I get almost no boolits with gaps in the lube groove and I got the cutters already . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookie cutter.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	233633

T handle is my homemade 45 cal - the silver one to the side is a LEE 44cal alumimium one I bought years ago
    just keep pushing down and the lubed boolit pops out the top - then I refill the holes in the lube and I reheat the lot with a lectric heat gun for the next batch

for now it is the only practical form that has served me. cut a brass and come out very well lubricated
    it's a bit more laborious, buy an alox reads to try too
    When I heat the beeswax, either with the heat gun or on the stove I come to visit a few bees hahahaha

Another great offshoot of boolit casting! Got a a big block of beeswax from a bee keeping friend and tried lithibee lube and Felix lube. Like others have posted, there is a learning curve in panlubing. Settled on melting the lube in a pan on a hot plate at low temperature. Set the boolits in, sized and gas checked, with 2 to 3 diameters of separation. Let them sit for about ten minutes so the boolits are hot, then turn the hot plate off. Learned to keep the plate on low so the lube doesn't start smoking. Like others, I have a collection of brass with the primer hole drilled out for cutting and popping with wood dowels. Next batch of boolits goes in the holes from the previous batch. Set the plate on low, wait until the boolit tip is hot to the touch, and turn off. Learned also to keep some forceps handy to reset a boolit that invariably gets knocked over trying to set up the first batch.
    "Semper quaerendo plumbum"

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    With that concoction of ingredients might want to hand dip each bullet and trim excess with a drilled out over size case ... or throw your concoction in the garbage and use a mix that is 'proven'
    Last edited by John Boy; 01-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Regards
    John

hello to all, problem already solved, had to put them more separated and remove them with a clamp when it was still not very cold
    thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    Perfect - that's exactly how mine look when they come out.
    Might want to line those grabbers with some leather or rubber to avoid
    marring the bullet - I really love simple lube though.
    Well done

Glad you're making headway with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12