RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too much technology

Boolit Master
    And NOW with the swell new scanners that the thieves have,they can also steal the info from your remote starter/key fob when you use it and take off with your car contents and/or your car later.How about that carp?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

My experience with after market add on accessories is dismal. Most are cheaply made at exorbitant prices and have a history of less than a years service before failure. Even the factory installed ones don't seem to last, but then YMMV.
    I'm saying, the remote start feature would serve safety and theft concerns while offering a useful convenience, and if offered as std equipment wouldn't add substantially to cost.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

So you guys would rather go back to the days where all it takes is a coat hanger and a piece of wire to drive off with your car?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    So you guys would rather go back to the days where all it takes is a coat hanger and a piece of wire to drive off with your car?
    YES.

Boolit Master
    Yep, me too. But then see " this car owes me nuthing thread" nobody wants any of mine!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by pls1911 View Post
    Amen. Some design engineers really needed to be shopworn gear-heads first.
    Over the years, how many "special factory tools " have you fabricated from coat hangers, metal strap, or simply used needle nose pliers for ?
    I had an old chevy ranch truck that we replaced carb linkage every few years with new welding rods bent as needed...
    I think these people should have to live with what they design. Maybe things would be more people friendly.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Master
    And don't forget the politicians that have their hand into mandating items for our new cars and trucks (18 wheelers too!). I've had to have two 4 cylinder engines rebuilt because of excessive oil consumption, but the politicians say it has great gas mileage-yeah right. Ever notice how many minor accidents today result in a vehicle rolling over? The list goes on and on.
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    yes I would.

Who wants to have to spend 600$ on a new ignition cylinder because "that's the only model that can integrate with your cruise control system that you don't use"

or

Before the days of "if the battery is used for to long of a period when it gets below 50% charging capacity, it electrocutes the ignition switch"

or

Before when you didn't need 200$ tools and 300$ scanners to reset the engine every time you changed a spark plug?

Banned
    I had a 69 Buick that had a lock cylinder on the steering column like all GM cars of that era. When you removed the key it locked the wheel and shift lever.
    The cylinder wore to the point that the key wouldn't unlock it. I used a dent puller (slide hammer) to yank the lock cylinder out just like a thief would. It took about 10 seconds to defeat that lock. I drove that car for about week using a screw driver to start it. I purchased a new lock cylinder and snapped it back in place. (another 10 seconds to fix it) and it worked fine.
    Of course I had to have two keys at that point, 1 to unlock the doors and another to start the car but that was a minor inconvenience.

Anti-theft devices tend to be more annoying to owners than to thieves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123