Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's Some New 12 Gauge Howdah Pistols in Town!

Boolit Grand Master

Not only ugly but the design of the grip will maximize recoil. You can polish a horse ball but it is still...

They're clones of the banned Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun

There's a current trend to make these types of guns.
    Such as Pedersoli's attempt to clone the 1920's Ithaca 20 ga. "Auto & Burglar Gun" by chambering it for.45 LC with a rifled barrel,
    and cutting the chambers long enough to also fit the .410 3" shot shell.

Except now Pedersoli is calling it a Howdah pistol instead of an "Auto & Burgler Gun", and the stock looks almost
    the same as the new ACG 12 ga. Wrath percussion pistol.

See Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun:--->>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Auto_%26_Burglar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ithaca-auto-burglar.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	233594

There's videos of the new Pedersoli center fire version below which shows the stock looks almost identical to the new
    ACG 12 ga. Wrath percussion pistol:--->>> https://youtu.be/fig_45lzzNs

Pedersoli's short video of it [Click CC to activate English subtitles]:--->>> https://youtu.be/uKdU5OEcveU

Hickock45's review:--->>> https://youtu.be/CCQC-k1hepg
    Last edited by arcticap; 01-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Boolit Master
    They look like a jr. high school boy deigned them.As my ole dad would say those look like the back end of a chicken!!!

Boolit Master
    I actually find the 'New Howdahs' less disturbing than this (Fightlite Pistol, 5.56, .300BLK): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mrc.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	233619
    Last edited by JSnover; 01-19-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i doubt that the recoil is bad at all with 40gr of powder and 1/2 oz of shot i can't imagine they kick much at all. its not my cup of tea but it ain't that hard on the eyes. now if it shot modern shells i would take another look.

The right angle type of pistol grips are an antique design that are often called a "saw handle" grip shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Most of them I agree are butt ugly except this one https://americanguncraft.com/product...l-black-grips/
    You know it does sort of grow on you. They are all missing something the 20 gauge reproduction howda pistols have. A ramrod! I would like them a lot more if the grip & stock were actually wood. They are for all intents and purposes without a real purpose. Other than entertainment. Hunting with a shotgun why would one want a pistol when a BP sxs long gun would be more effective. Nope these are like derringers only bigger and a touch uglier fun to break out for a few hoots and hollers once in a while. At close range they would be devastating but so would a compact 45 acp.

I'm guessing there is a reason the video splash screen shows one barrel toward you. I'm sure looking at it that way would be somewhat effective at giving pause to an adversary. Problem is by the time the barrel is looking like that the trigger is already being pulled. At that range firearm is only pointed for one purpose and "discouraging" isn't it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Ithaca Auto-burglars were never a ML.

Howda guns have ML in the early years.

I agree however these new ones are butt ugly, the shapes, lock plates etc. = puke. They need work on the aesthetics before I would even think of one.

Pedersoli look more authentic to me and much prettier.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    I actually find the 'New Howdahs' less disturbing than this (Fightlite Pistol, 5.56, .300BLK): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mrc.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	233619
    turn that into a .45acp or .38 super and you REALLY have something. Turn it into a .30 carbine and you will need a new factory to keep up with demand.

Some guys on thefiringline have ordered the Diable break-action model that uses 209 primers.
    They were told that it will take about 4 weeks for the guns to be built.
    And the company offered them the option of ordering either a blue or plated model.
    They look better in these photos that the computer rendering of it.
    It's almost like the guns are being custom made for them.

Click on photo to enlarge:

Name:	Diablo1-200%.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	234744

Name:	Diablo2-200%.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	234745

Name:	Diablo3-200%.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	234746
    Last edited by arcticap; 01-27-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crankycalico View Post
    turn that into a .45acp or .38 super and you REALLY have something. Turn it into a .30 carbine and you will need a new factory to keep up with demand.
    I'm sure someone would buy them in almost any caliber. Looks like it would have to be rested on something to be of any use beyond 25 yards, too nose heavy to be used as a pistol.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Because a stick is a poor choice...

Name:	tiger1366.gif 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	237437

Boolit Master
    Do I need one? No. Do I want one? YES!!! On a scale of 1 through 10, the coolness factor is right at 15.

Boolit Grand Master
    It's clear there are two camps about these things. Really like and really don't like. I'm just glad there still seems to be an option for the market to be creative and try new (old stuff re-invented, maybe) products. If you like - great. If you don't. -- count yourself lucky that you aren't required to buy one. Seems my old history books used to call that freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    It's clear there are two camps about these things. Really like and really don't like. I'm just glad there still seems to be an option for the market to be creative and try new (old stuff re-invented, maybe) products. If you like - great. If you don't. -- count yourself lucky that you aren't required to buy one. Seems my old history books used to call that freedom.
    Yep. This is why capitalism is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by a.squibload View Post
    Because a stick is a poor choice...

Name:	tiger1366.gif 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	237437
    So you think YOUR job is stressful?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yikes... that tiger is no joke!
    USMC VETERAN
    NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by arcticap View Post
    They're named the Bulldog, the Wrath and the compact Diablo 12 gauge double barrel pistols:--->>> https://americanguncraft.com/products/

The Diablo model used #209 primers.
    Hope you have better luck than I did. Here's my post from another forum:

"Guys, I have to relate my experience with this outfit.
    On Jan 5, I placed an order for one of their "Bulldog" models and my credit card was billed.
    A couple of weeks later, I sent an email inquiring about my order and shipping date. They told me a couple of weeks and then later "Mid to late February".
    On March 5, I contacted them and they said that they were so busy making one of their other models that it would be delayed.
    I canceled the order. 3 days later my credit card was credited.
    One thing that happened about 2weeks into the transaction...I received a phone call from their credit card handling company. Thay asked if I had received any product and/or did I receive a shipping date. They were trying to find out if these guys were on the level.
    I would not order one of these unless I verified that someone I knew or trusted had actually received one.
    They may be an OK company and just swamped with orders, but they're NOT for me."
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

From another forum:

"OKAY HERES THE REAL GOODS. TIM GOW AND AMERICAN GUNCRAFT ARE FABRICATED USING YOUR "PURCHASE" AS THEIR INVESTMENT CAPITAL. NONE OF IT WAS REAL, now SOME of it is. BUT HE DID IT OFF OUR BACKS AND ADVERTISING USING PHOTOS< THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Business Description
    AGC Companies is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. This organization primarily operates in the Business Services, nec business / industry within the Business Services sector. This organization has been operating for approximately a year. AGC Companies is estimated to generate $27,976 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 1 people at this single location."
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I'll bet that the "business model" is to first collect money from suckers, er, "customers", and then
    have their cousin in pak/india/philippines bang one out with a hammer and file on a section of RR track.
    Delivery time, 4 months+ and you got the "one of a kind"/prototype.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast