Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: RCBS Du-Measure

Boolit Mold

RCBS Du-Measure

recently received one of these measures....the drum is in very good shape...but the powder hoper is baddly distorted,
    either from heet or chemical action...called RCBS and they had no parts for the Duo-Measure. oh well it was time to make one from PVC...and I made one that is quite serviceable.

My question is about when did RCBS start selling them....and when were they disco-ed. I was told they were manufactured by Ohaus....fact or fiction...?

after building the hopper, I tried it out...seem to be a decent measure.

REDD

Arrow

The tan ones were indeed made by Ohaus but parts, the hopper for ex., haven't been available for years. George Nonte raved about the Duo Measure in his slim book on reloading in 1977. Additionally, the RCBS iteration appears to be a different design.

Boolit Master
    I have an ohaus branded duo-measure, so I'd tend to agree with the statement that they made them.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

I use to have an Ohaus duo measure and no hopper. I also had a lee perfect measure that I somehow broke the bottom portion below the hopper. Lookin at them both one day I figured I could make one out of two and so it became an Ohaus with a lee hopper that had the ability to open and close the powder flow to the drum. Worked good and I liked it but I gave it away to my cousin.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

In Remembrance

If you have the style of Du-O-Measure that I have, I posted my fix in this thread, post #440. Hope it will help you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ghlight=lead-1

Boolit Buddy
    have both the RCBS and the Ohaus one basically the same, broke the hopper also
    used all kinds of fixes (home made etc.) but you can find a replacement hopper
    for them here:
    https://dramworx.com/products/rcbs/

great company, good people..

-Rock

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    have both the RCBS and the Ohaus one basically the same, broke the hopper also
    used all kinds of fixes (home made etc.) but you can find a replacement hopper
    for them here:
    https://dramworx.com/products/rcbs/

great company, good people..

-Rock
    Wow - thanks for that company. Bought my Duo-measure in High School...

Boolit Bub
    Luckily friend rebuilt both of mine with aluminum. Works great

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptREDD View Post
    recently received one of these measures....the drum is in very good shape...but the powder hoper is baddly distorted,
    either from heet or chemical action...called RCBS and they had no parts for the Duo-Measure. oh well it was time to make one from PVC...and I made one that is quite serviceable.

My question is about when did RCBS start selling them....and when were they disco-ed. I was told they were manufactured by Ohaus....fact or fiction...?

after building the hopper, I tried it out...seem to be a decent measure.

REDD

I called RCBS and they had me send the Duo-Measure to them and they sent me a brand new powder measure. With both cylinders. FREE. Amazing company!