Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg's First Pistol in One Hundred Years

Just the name Mossburg is enough to insure me I'm not interested. While all the other American gun
    companies were on a race to the bottom, Mossberg was there waiting on them. Who would have thought that a bottom drawer company would end up close to number 1 in shotgun sales. Remington
    had it with 870 and cut QC until they lost it.

Boolit Master
    Many years ago.I had a 352K Mossberg.Had the flip down nylon forearm.Darn good shooter too.Like a fool I let it get away from me.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Just the name Mossburg is enough to insure me I'm not interested. While all the other American gun
    companies were on a race to the bottom, Mossberg was there waiting on them. Who would have thought that a bottom drawer company would end up close to number 1 in shotgun sales. Remington
    had it with 870 and cut QC until they lost it.
    Mossberg always has, and continues to build the best pump action shotgun in the world, for just about 60 years now. The 870 was a fine shotgun, although it should not be any surprise Mossberg came out on top. I have zero interest in a subcompact anything, I wish Mossberg made a full size handgun.

The best thing for Remington would be to go out of business and be picked up by somebody who actually wants to make guns and money. I'm bitter about it for the one reason they took H&R with them.

I like the looks of it. Makes me think an SR9c and PPQ had a baby. But good on them, I've always liked every Mossberg I've had with little to no complaints on them. Intoduces more competition and hopefully more innovation in the market. I'll look forward to the reviews coming out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'll fondle it, if and when, my LGS gets one in stock. Add $100 for the model with Truglo tritium night sights. Be curious as to what the real world price is........

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Good looking pistol. I want to see it in action before I get too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    I'll fondle it, if and when, my LGS gets one in stock. Add $100 for the model with Truglo tritium night sights. Be curious as to what the real world price is........

Winelover

So far, looks like around $325.00. https://gun.deals/product/mossberg-m...lued-7rd-32489
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Grand Master
    Before I get too excited, I want to hear from the beta testers out there. I went on my last pony ride when Remington came out with the R-51 which was wonderful when hand-assembled but ragged when mass produced.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Actually, now that I think about it didn't Mossberg market or maybe import a single action revolver back in the 80s? I'm recalling "Abilene" or something like that??

Boolit Master

These guys seem to be impressed with it: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ck-9mm-pistol/
    Short version: It's a "copy" of the Glock 43. It takes Glock 43 magazines, and it undercuts the price of a genuine Glock 43 by a substantial amount. Whether this is good or bad probably depends how you feel about the Glock 43 in the first place.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    I like the looks of it.

Banned

I did not know it took G43 mags
    Another plus
    We shall see, but it is looking good at this very early stage

Boolit Master

Think I'm going to pass on this
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    Actually, now that I think about it didn't Mossberg market or maybe import a single action revolver back in the 80s? I'm recalling "Abilene" or something like that??
    You are correct.

Henry

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My local shop has the Shield 9mm for around $300.00 every day. Regardless of how good the new Mossberg is, I just don't see many people choosing it over the Shield for less money.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Bub
    It is an interesting choice to say the least, are they hoping the land some first time buyers on name recognition? Seems Ruger, Kel Tec, Taurus, Glock, and S&W all beat them to the punch by about a decade.

Boolit Master

They may get some Maryland buyers who will never forget S&W sent lobbyists here to lobby for anti-gun legislation, then hid behind a fake change of ownership, financed by a bond fund owned by the old owners.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

I agree Mossberg made a durable & reliable pump shotgun, not a Charles Daly but then Charles Daly isn't the same Charles Daly any more.
    Don't see any info on where it's made. IMO it's a national shame that US firearms manufacturers import firearms from the 3rd world and put their logo on them.
    I also agree the sub-compact pistol market is pretty competitive. Maybe they're just trying to get a slice of the ever expanding concealed-carry sales boom.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Made in Texas from what I can tell.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Question is, who actually makes the gun? Hard to know anymore with companies farming stuff out to everybody and their brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast