Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg's First Pistol in One Hundred Years

Banned

Mossberg's First Pistol in One Hundred Years

Mossberg is moving into a crowded space with a 19 oz six/seven shot single stack 9mm. Not sure how it is a success, unless it is reliable as it gets and is really inexpensive. Looks nice enough. Take-down is simple.
    We shall see.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mc1sc/
    Last edited by jmort; 01-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.

I'm interested.

From the '50's I have several Mossbergs that have given excellent service: 3 152A, 2 142A & a 151K. I bought my wife one of the 142As when we were dating for her 16th. birthday (I was a real romantic). Montgomery Ward sold it then for $29.00. The 142As were selling then for $23.00 (I didn't buy one then.....I should have). The 142As that I have now cost $250 & $200 15 years ago (real cream puffs).

Some folks turn up their nose @ 'em, but I like 'em.

Henry

Banned
    Yet another Glock knock-off.

Polymer framed, striker fired, Browning short recoil system that locks the barrel to the slide via a squared ejection port.

Mossberg might have put their name on it but I wouldn't get too excited.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing news of the new Mossberg pistol. I might be interested more, if it were a larger handgun.

For me, with my hands, when ever I see "subcompact", it usually means it would not fit my hands to where I would be comfortable firing it, so I just move on. I just don't like the feel of only my middle finger & ring finger on the grip, & my little finger feeling like there is no place on the handgun. Or, even worse, that it is half on, half off.

So, no appeal for this guy. Others might like that style, but it is not for me.

It will be interesting to see if this Mossberg handgun competes well in a market that, IMO, is pretty saturated with "subcompact" handguns. I think they may have done better if they also came out with a larger version. It remains to be seen if they will do well with this one.

Thanks again though, for sharing.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Certainly an interesting holster. Looks like they built in a hole for every projection on the pistol.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The plastic mags don't look very durable to me.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I might be interested but when a company doesn't have a listed MFG price, I get dis-interested in a hurry. I know that is a marketing ploy but I just don't like to play games.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I might be interested but when a company doesn't have a listed MFG price, I get dis-interested in a hurry. I know that is a marketing ploy but I just don't like to play games.
    I found it when looking around. That info is in the "MODELS" tab at the top of the page in the link in the OP. Then you have to go to the right & click on the "Details" for each model.

Here is the basic model "Details" page & the MSRP is to the right , down the page a little bit.
    $425.00

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mc1sc-89001/

You will have to follow the method I described to go look at the other models Details & get the prices for them if it interests ya enough....

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Buddy
    They seem to have the "safe take down system" as a prominant selling point to placate the people who insist that glocks are unsafe because you have to pull the trigger to dissemble them. Those people are dumb.

Mossberg makes great shotguns, but outside of that their offerings are nothing to get excited about. I guess at this point every major gun manufacturer need to have their own brand of glock.

Boolit Master

Thanks JB, I found it following your lead. james

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Thanks JB, I found it following your lead. james
    You are Welcome! Always glad to be of some help when I can!

Even when I don't think I care much for some particular product. LOL

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    The plastic mags don't look very durable to me.
    It uses Glock 43 mags. They are steel lined.

Boolit Master

I can't comment on these new offerings, but Mossberg guns have always performed as advertised, but we're always considered "cheap". Perhaps "inexpensive" would be a better term. Their old .22s we're tackdrivers. I have my grandfather's old single shot from the 30s. Amazing little rifle.

Boolit Master

First repeating handgun maybe, but not first pistol in a hundred years. They had a single shot hand cannon a few years back.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Banned

“Those people are dumb.”

Do they have a low I.Q.???
    Or do they have their own opinion???

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    It uses Glock 43 mags. They are steel lined.
    Didn't know that. On the Mossberg website it shows translucent mags that remind me of the miserable 15 rounders Marlin used to make. They were about as durable as a 90 year old''s hip on a skating rink!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

For you old cats- wasn't the 4 barrel "Brownie" offered less than a century ago? The S&W Shield has taken this slot at my house already but hooray for Mossberg.

For the same money or slightly less, I’ll take the Shield.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    “Those people are dumb.”

Do they have a low I.Q.???
    Or do they have their own opinion???

You shouldn't be taking apart guns or handling them at all if you're not capable of convincing yourself they're unloaded.
    If it's their opinion that after checking that a gun is unloaded, dry firing it is somehow unsafe there's something missing there.

Boolit Master

Pulling triggers is required to do some gunsmithing or even cleaning on many guns.

Nonetheless it is a selling point for large police departments, who have a statistically predictable number of negligent discharges every year.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast