RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Chilean model 1912 7mm (M98)

Boolit Mold

Chilean model 1912 7mm (M98)

I"m looking at one of these on line. Metal looks pretty good. Missing handguard on some, cracked on others. Wood looks pretty iffy. The two people who gave reviews gave the rifles good marks.
    Liberty (of course) just ran out of stocks for these so I"m looking for another source.
    Looking at info online, am i correct in thinking that a Vz24, brazilian, or turk stock will fit? Seems to be several that will.
    From Hoosier Gun Works, this is their data on actions. Am I thinking wrong? Barrel differences (granted if they have same length).

Large Ring M-98
    1.410 diameter receiver ring, 8.750 in length, with screw spacing of 7.835. Barrel Shank of 1.100
    Large ring have a threaded shank diameter of 1.10 in. With 12 threads per inch.
    Including M-98's from WWI and WW2, GEW-98,M-98k, CZ-24, VZ-24,Spanish M-43/44 . Chilean M1912, Steyr Brazilian M1908/34, Brno 98/22, 98/29, DWM / Argentine. M1909, M24/30 Venezuelan, FN M1935 Peruvian, FN Standard Model, Mauser Oberndorf. Receviver stripped weight 15.5 oz.

Banned
    The Vz24 is shorter than the early model Mauser 98 rifles and I don't know if the shorter stock will fit. The receiver section should be the same but forward of the action will likely not be a match.

I am a huge fan of the 7 x 57 cartridge and there were a lot of 7mm Mausers sold in Central and South America, but BUYER BEWARE.

The bores are often in poor condition and the exterior of the barrel will often be rusted under the wood.

The Chilean Modelo 1912 should have a receiver and bolt in the white. If the receiver is blued, it was refinished somewhere along the line.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks. centerfire systems has this for sale for 250. found a stock for about 60 in good shape just after I posted the above thread.
    I'm debating on a restoration or just getting a yugo for 400. I already have an 8mm gew with the 323 bore.
    Being as I"m not there to do personal inspection, I might pass. I cant afford to blow 250 on a dud rifle. Would be nice to bring back to life tho.