RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Need Powder Can Dimensions…

Boolit Buddy

Need Powder Can Dimensions…

Short Story: I do not have easy access to my powder and I am looking for the following powder can sizes: Hodgdon (1#, 4# Pistol, 8# Pistol, 8# Rifle), Accurate (1#), Alliant (1#)

Thanks!
    Eric

Long Story:
    I have had my house for sale since the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which means my reloading bench was taken apart and all my supplies boxed up out of sight for showings. We were hoping it would be a quick sale but apparently people don’t buy many houses between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Since everything is boxed up (reloading, shooting, canning are fully boxed up and my metal working and wood tools are fairly packed) I am going stir crazy watching just watching tv and picking up after the kids. I decided that all though my new house is not 100% locked down yet (our offer was contingent on selling our house first) I was going to design a semi-permanent bench that would work until I am better established at the new house (or almost any house I would buy). I have the frame designed and now I am playing with storage layout. The goal is to cut out and have all the sections complete (kept as flat as possible) and then when I finally move I can just finish assembling it when I have a few minutes here and there. I am hoping that since everything will be cut out now I will be able to assemble it at the new house even if the kids are sleeping. Building the bench at my current house a few pieces at a time is certainly not the most efficient way to do it, but it kills two birds with one stone…Keeps me sane and hopefully gets me loading that much quicker at the new place, so with that... see the above “short story”.

Thanks in advance!

Boolit Master
    Alliant #1 3 3/8" dia. x 9" tall
    Hodgdon #1 3 1/2" dia. x 6 1/2" tall
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master
    Acc #1 2 3/4 x 4 1/8 x 5 3/4 tall
    Hodgdon 8# rifle 4 3/4 x 7 x 10 1/2 tall

You do realize when you build it the powder manufacturers will change the design of their cans and make them taller.
    Never fails.

Boolit Master
    Never stored my powder at or near my bench. First rule of reloading is one can on the bench, at any one time. Currently, storing mine in a non working upright freezer, opposite side of the shop. When I lived in Michigan, I stored powder in a basement fruit cellar, under the front porch.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy

Thanks guys. I always give everything a little grace on the dimensions...If they change powder sizes at least the powder I have will fit, besides this is only supposed to be a temporary bench until I can frame out the reloading room and build cabinets and a permanent bench. If all goes according to plan hopefully I will be able to finally have a permanent bench within a year...hopefully.

Winelover, thanks for the concern but it will not be stored on the bench. it will be stored in the bench in drawers, behind drawers. I am hoping to use this as an opportunity to work an my wood working skills and keep everything child resistant (not is child proof regardless what the wrapper says).

Boolit Master
    Hope your sale happens quick.mine didn't, my stuff was packed up for 11months until our sale happened and moved my bench