RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: 227-75 Nato MP Mold

Boolit Master

227-75 Nato MP Mold

Anybody cast with theirs yet? Boolits are very sticky with mine. I heat cycled it 3 times and cast with it once and got maybe 50 keepers out of 150. Tried more heat and picking up the pace to no avail. Thoughts?

I have that mold on Brass. Been casting it without any problems. I washed first with dishwashing detergent and then isopropyl alcohol. Then heat cycled 4 times. Works like dream and drops bullets easily.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear you are having luck! I thought about last night and took a qtip to the edges of the cavities and sure enough it dragged on the edges. Grabbed a sharp knife and gently ran it along the edges of the cavities. Will try casting again on Sunday. What are you loading for and what powder are you using Teemu?

I'm shooting that bullet on airgun. So I haven't got any loading data...

Boolit Master
    Mihec emailed me back, says add more heat. Will do on the next session which will be soon because I just tested these boolits in my 1/7 twist AR with W748 powder. Im sure its less than 2000fps, but no chronograph. Full function from 14.5 grains to 16.5 grains. 15.5 grains gave the best accuracy at the short distance/open sights I was working with. Now to cast and load a bunch!

I cast about 370-380 celsius..Works for me. Pure Pb and 2 % Sn. Hope You get that mold work. All my MP molds are working very well.

Boolit Master
    I did a second casting session today, about 600 boolits. Better, but not there yet. It likes the boolit furthest from the sprue plate hinge filled first. No matter the lead temp, the sprue is hard cutting, I think cause the boolits cool so quickly being so small. Couple cavities are still boogers to release. Gonna run a razor blade around the gas check shank on them.

Boolit Master
    Much better today! Cast 1000 of these little boogers then gas checked them. Maybe it just needed some break in, today this mold did what I expected it to do. Its a keeper for sure.

Good to hear that mold works