Capacity: 30+1
    Barrel Length: 4.3”
    Overall Length: 7.9”
    Height: 5.8”
    Weight: Unloaded: 13.625 oz. Gun + 2 loaded magazines: 25.75 oz
    Frame: Zytel (glass reinforced nylon)
    Slide: 4140 steel
    Action: Hybrid blowback/locked-breech system
    Sights: Fiber optic. Orange rear sight, green front sight.
    Trigger Pull: 3 lbs (as measured)
    Price: MSRP: $454.55 (at Brownells for about $330)

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I have not, but a close friend CC's one and she loves it. The high mag count was the deciding factor for her.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Have not even seen or shot one, but I have a friend who owns one and loves it. I don't think he cc's it

Boolit Buddy
    The poor man's 5.7

I like the idea of these pistols, but they have a poor reputation for running reliably. In fact they're notoriously bad.
    I'd pick one up in a heartbeat for fun at the range if it wasn't for the fact that in Canada we're limited to 10 shots in pistols, which kills half the fun.
    Good sights, good trigger, and fireballs.
    But for self defense you probably want something you can rely on a bit more.

This isn't helped by the fact that the gun is designed as a plastic clamshell with a bunch of machine screws holding it together. Perfectly fine for a range novelty, but if it's your loved one's life on the line i'd shy away in favor of something more confidence inspiring.

Banned
    yes and the one we shot worked just like it should and whats the difference between this one and a glock they are both plastic

Exactly what Peregrine said. He is spot on. If you have to ask the difference between a Kel-Tec and a Glock, well DUH!!!
    Last edited by Black Prince; 01-03-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Master
    My example works OK, it feeds and fires just fine. But I couldn't get 30 rounds in the magazine. Those last few go in really hard and the cases can get dented. So I don't try to load it to capacity. 27 or 28 rounds works for me.

Boolit Master
    It fits my BIG paw better thing any thing else..

Boolit Buddy

I have one I use shooting ground squirrels. Hundreds of shots per day. It is great.

Boolit Bub
    I wanted something like that for a while, but it was back 6 years ago.
    Back then, it was hard to find and dealers were asking 600 for it.

I am glad I did not buy then.

I think RIA 22 TCM are much much better platform.
    And racking slide on RIA's TCMs is like racking a .25 ACP slide .. very easy.
    And recoil is non existent

My gun saavy daughter has one. The day she bought it we ran 150 rounds through it with good accuracy and 100% function. Her other handgun is a Glock .380. My nephew has a FiveSeven and there are similarities in handling and feel. Interestingly we have experienced ammo degradations in some FN 5.7 ammo due to Texas heat I guess. It felt like shooting .22 LR and wouldn't function the pistol.

I have shot one for over two years. Only ammo it hiccupped on was some Armscor ammo with an exposed lead tip. The lead caught on the feed ramp each time. Have tried all weights of bullets up to 50 grain, and accuracy seems best at the 35 grain level. Luckily the Armscor stuff shoots great in a Ruger single six.
    "Semper quaerendo plumbum"

Bought one this past Summer for $300.00 from the Sportsman's Guide. Jumped on it due to the $600-$700 going price these past years.

Need to buy the MakerShot magazine speedloader and follow the directions on loading the magazine.https://www.amazon.com/MakerShot-Cus.../dp/B01MCZZD03

Has been 100% reliable as long as the magazine is properly loaded. Is loud with a large orange muzzle flash, even in daylight. Is ridiculously light in weight, even when fully loaded, feels like a toy. Has fixed sights, but hits to point of aim and is accurate. Is an excellent trail gun and easy to pack.

Nice little gun. Picky about ammo, but once you find the right stuff, it's good to go.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Junk! I bought brand new last year that would jam every three or so rounds. I did tons of research on pmr 30 issues and went through the motions trying to fix it. I wasn't limp wresting it as read was an issue. When I loaded the mags i tapped them every 5 rounds...didn't help. I polished the feed ramp...didn't help. I polished the inside of the plastic magazines since I could see the mags swell after loading 20 plus plus rounds and the magazine causing the bullets to stay put and not rise up to action. I had enough with trying to get my brand new pistol to cycle so I sent it to kel tec for repair. It came back scratched up and with used magazines they sprayed dry graphite inside of. I took it out the same day it came back and it still jammed every couple of rounds. This was was with four different types of ammo, two of them were the recommended ammo per kel tec. Kel tec refunded me for my purchase after that. A lot of issues with them if you google. I would tell you to get something reliable like a light weight wheel gun that will go boom every time you pull the trigger for self defense. The other Factor is rimfire ammo is a lot less reliable than centerfire. I've had rimfire ammo both 22 and 22 wmr that doesn't go bang in just about every other both. I can count on one hand of center fire ammo that didn't go off over the years. If you want something to trust your life on its certainly not a rimfire pistol. I have two friends who bought the CMR 30 who gave me static about having issues with my PMR. The both are having the same issues I had. One of them went through the motions I did and sprayed dry graphite in the mags. It works ALMOST completely reliable now.

I can say my pistol was extremely accurate and would shoot dime size groups at 20 yards off a pistol rest too bad it jammed literally every 3/5 rounds. I wanted to like it But wasn't keeping a pistol that is not reliable.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-05-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I have a stainless AMT Automag ll that I bought brand many new years ago which needed a trigger job right out of the box.
    It has a 6 inch barrel and is marked Irwindale, and it performs perfectly with the right ammo.
    I can't say that all of the AMT ll's work as well, but I'm happy with mine.
    I would trust my life with it and .22 WMR ammo.
    Others had some complaints about their AMT's too, but there's really nothing made by man that can't have some sort of defect.
    Even some of the most expensive custom gun models have their share of lemons.
    Last edited by arcticap; 01-05-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Generally the PMR 30 is a good gun. Like any product there are a couple lemons here and there ..very very loud
    generally very accurate
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    A guy at my local range has one. Says it only shoots the heavier ammo reliably. 40 gr is what his gun likes

Like many, have polished the ramp and finally have it broken in. Shoots reliably with good (recommended) ammo. Only down side is, as stated, 30 rounds is near impossible to get into the mag without denting the case. Some mags are good, others are limited to around 25. Still a fun little gun on the trail, just have to practice tap, rack, reload drills on squirrels if it jams! Those squirrels are fierce and relentless!

The one I got for my Sister, eats any ammo, has a laser and she is more than happy. No problems at all after 1000+ rounds. Bash the plastic if you must but some people have limitations in handling a firearm as in hand strength.

Is it a carry gun,,,no

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast