WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 10MM?

Boolit Buddy

Which 10MM?

Trying to decide the one to buy. The Glock 20 or the new XDS? Has the new XDS been out long enough to have any bugs worked out? Has there been any recalls? The Glock has been out for a very long time and that is re-asuring but the XDS has proper steel sights with a fiber optic front. I would have to replace the plastic sights on the Glock. Just can't make up my mind. I know I will be torched for saying this but I just do not like the 1911 format. I love my Sigs but do not want to spend the money for their S/A 220 at this time of my life.

Thanks
    Art

Boolit Grand Master
    I used to hate Glocks...Now carry one. They are just so **** reliable....and that is a critical attribute for me.
    Don Verna

I have 10mm handguns in 1911, Tanfoglio Witnesses, S&W (auto and revolver) and now the Springfield XDm. Plus a 10mm AR. I've only had the XDm a short time, and only had it out twice to put a few rounds through it, but I really like it. I opted for the 5.25" model for the adjustable target type sights, though I didn't have to move them at the 20 yards I tested the gun at.

The ergonomics are first rate, and with a capacity of 15+1 rounds, if offers plenty of firepower. My Witnesses are 17+1 rounds, but I don't feel like giving up two rounds is a big deal. Like I said, I really like the XDm, and it made a nice addition to the 9x19, 357 Sig and .45 acp XD's that I already own.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    I have been considering a CZ75 clone. Just throwing that out for your thoughts. I am not a fan of striker fired plastic, or 1911 10mm so you know from where I come! The Witness in 10 feels good and I would already have one if it didn’t throw my brass on the ground
    Every time I decide to get it, I come home with another revolver...
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned
    Glock, end of discussion

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    I have been considering a CZ75 clone. Just throwing that out for your thoughts. I am not a fan of striker fired plastic, or 1911 10mm so you know from where I come! The Witness in 10 feels good and I would already have one if it didn’t throw my brass on the ground
    Every time I decide to get it, I come home with another revolver...
    Ha , I feel your pain revolvers are so much sweeter to load for.

Boolit Master
    I first bought a Glock G20. I found the rear of the chamber to be way over SAAMI spec. Accuracy sucked. The polygonal barrel rifling limited me to about 1200 fps before boolits would strip and tumble. I bought a KKM barrel and those two problems went away. I liked it good enough to put night sights on it. But it still had the blocky gripe and the Glock angle.

Next came the Sig 220 DA/SA. It came with night sights, great feeling grip, stellar accuracy, full chamber support. It’s great...and real heavy.

I bought the first XDM 4.75” I saw. I added night sights to it. It’s PERFECT! No problems. Fully supported chamber. Feels light as the Glock, shoots better than the Glock. G20 hasn’t been out since the XDM came home.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Bub
    Saving up right now for a Glock 40 MOS. Is it bad that I already have 10 magazines for it?

I've always been a glock fan. So that's my vote.

Boolit Master

Im very happy with my 10mm 1911. Just wish it didn't throw the brass 50 foot away lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned
    Look at the GRAND long bbl. Very accurate, hammer fired, DA/SA, SA pull 2 stage 2 lbs, 14 rounds rotating bbl breeching increases recoil duration reduces felt recoil. (think 375 H&H vs 300 RUM)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WehrmannsGeweher View Post
    Look at the GRAND long bbl. Very accurate, hammer fired, DA/SA, SA pull 2 stage 2 lbs, 14 rounds rotating bbl breeching increases recoil duration reduces felt recoil. (think 375 H&H vs 300 RUM)

You have a link to this marvel?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Have you shot these guns in question?

Changeable parts are not things to disqualify a pistol. All pistols have things your not gonna like and things that your gonna or gonna want to chage. Steel sights on a Glock are a universal complaint.

Best advice I can offer is to suggest you go and shoot each of these. Side by side if you can.

The sig has alot going for it so does a Whitness. I like the 1911 and the Glock as well.
    Boil things down and I would have to choose my G29 as my favorite but Ill never sell my Delta or my G20 pistols.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I am 10mm poor
    XDM 5:25
    Glock 20, 29 and 40 MOS
    Colt Delta
    Springfeild longslide 1911 OP
    Ruger GP100 revolver
    Reeder Custom 1911 (RIA)
    Encore carbine rifle
    Kriss Vector
    Hi Point carbine
    Remington R1 long slide 1911

I like them all they are all accurate but these are the best of the handguns MOS40,XDM,Springfield 1911 and the Remington 1911.

Encore carbine is the most accurate of all of them with all ammo.

The Reeder Comander model 1911 easy to carry but surprisingly I carry the revolver and the XDM more love the idea of the higher capacity of the XDM.

Banned
    "You have a link to this marvel?"

https://eagleimportsinc.com

Boolit Master
    S&W is marketing the Model 610 again, in 4 and 6" barrels. Just saying.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    S&W is marketing the Model 610 again, in 4 and 6" barrels. Just saying.
    Hip hip Horah....

Put one on reserve the 4.5”.

Although the 10 can be a really nice hunting gun it makes an even better SD gun and the 610 is one that I need to add to my growing list 10s.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Im very happy with my 10mm 1911. Just wish it didn't throw the brass 50 foot away lol.
    What weight Spring set up do you have?

Boolit Buddy
    Picked the XD-M. Not shot it yet but I like the way it feels.

Boolit Master
    Wooohoooo! Good for you!
    Which barrel lengthdid you get?
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Art in Colorado View Post
    Picked the XD-M. Not shot it yet but I like the way it feels.
    I thoroughly enjoy my 5.25” target model. 10gr Blue Dot and a 180gr WFN is very maneagable and fun to shoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast