Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info on .45-70 Blanks, Please 🙂

Boolit Master
    Rechecked the army manual. Data say smokeless powder but does not say which one. Loaded to 20K pressure. Possible that earlier cartridges of this type were loaded with blackpowder. My manual is dated April 1994. Frank

No_1_U_Know
    Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Rechecked the army manual. Data say smokeless powder but does not say which one. Loaded to 20K pressure. Possible that earlier cartridges of this type were loaded with blackpowder. My manual is dated April 1994. Frank
    I'm sure these are older than that.. possibly MUCH older. My dad had a lot of stuff for a long time!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like me,I have had stuff for a very long time. Heck I have stuff squirreled away and forget about. So when I actually find it, it almost like Christmas. Frank

No_1_U_Know
    Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Sounds like me,I have had stuff for a very long time. Heck I have stuff squirreled away and forget about. So when I actually find it, it almost like Christmas. Frank
    Is there a market for this stuff, Frank?

Boolit Master
    Truth be told even though I bought these pulled down blanks from Weidener's years back I haven't tried them out yet. Still working on the last Remington bulk brass box of 500 cases that I also bought from Midway. Learned my lesson regarding hot loads in the 45/70 awhile back. Since I don't hunt anymore and only punch paper cast bullets at trapdoor speeds is all I need. When I got the WCC67 M32 blanks they had already gone through the demilling process all powder, wads and primer were removed so basically I got was just the cases. Is there a market?, from what I gather in reading the various threads here and on other forums I would say yes. Check current prices on Remington, Winchester brass and price slightly lower. Hope this helps. Seems 45/70 brass at trapdoor levels does last for a good many shootings. Hot loads not so much. Frank

No_1_U_Know
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    I suppose you might google 45-70 blank ammo and get a lot of hits. Try this one. It shows several samples in the first few replies.

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...70-blanks/1705
    Wondering what all of this chatter is, on "blank" powder...

Boolit Master

Natches sold off a batch of the .45/70 line throwing cases some years back. I bought a couple of hundred. They'd been pulled. WCC head stamp. I had a Number 1 Ruger .45/70 at the time so I processed what I could (many were dented beyond salvage and split). After resizing, I attempted to use them in my .45/70. Only about 20% would chamber due to rim thickness so I gave them to a friend with a trapdoor Springfield and they worked well in it. Evidently the tolerance for those were all over the map. Nice looking brass though./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12