RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: .44 Caliber MOLD.. for 6" pistol... "your favorite'..

Boolit Buddy

.44 Caliber MOLD.. for 6" pistol... "your favorite'..

OK guys.. Just am back out of hospital..(eyes, knee, shoulder).. and have 'lost' my 44 caliber molds to ...well... 'mouse' thefts... [lost all moulds, handles, and lube stock] OK..OK,,, I know.. mice don't run off with molds, 500 LBS of wheel weight ingots... 100 lbs of pewter ingots.. yea..lost alot while in hospital
    Biggest thing I lost was my 'books' and records of my 'alloys' and loadings.. Black powder and smokeless.. all gone..
    So.. guys.. can you please offer me your 'improved' and recommended molds for.. (i found one round ball 44 mold under barn)
    1. 44 caliber lead molds for 6" barrel BP Pistol use prefer Hollow point designs...
    a. name and place to buy...
    b. need Internet sales...as...knees and eyes cannot get me to Cabela's... Dick's.. etc..etc..
    2. BP load suggestions for same above

Sounds kinda pathetic really.. Sorry.. but MICE got into the house and barn and a 'few' things have come up missing....

What really muses me is the missing ledgers and paper notes of my reloads and alloys.. why take the 'worthless paper' notes of an old man? 32,,44,,38, molds...OK.. home made ingots.. yes..ok.. I can understand why a mouse would need those.. but...my notes from the 60's and 70's?.. hmm MICE ARE surely curios individuals..
    I remember some cone and 'dum dum' (hollow point) molds for my 44 cal rifle and pistols.. but..all are gone.. if I had my notes,,,I could 'got get'em' back.. via internet sales...
    So guys...need your inputs on 44 HP Lead molds for a 6" pistol that "SANTA" bought for his son. He does not cast and need rounds.
    I still have my smelt pots and safety gear... just need 44 cal, HP LEAD molds that you guys like for your pistols.. Please be sure to include 'purchase data'... mold numbers.. internet sites.. etc.. etc..

thanks...God Bless.. Have a Safe and Happy New Year.

Boolit Master
    The Lyman 429-244 has served me and my family well for more than half a century.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...tter-gas-check

Grandpa shot it a ton, I’ve only cast it for my dad to load but he loves it. Sorry this one is solid only but could be HPd by Eric at hollow point molds.

Another option would be one of the Keith clones out there. Don’t think you can wrong with that design. Link below to NOEs which look to be in stock for solid only.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...oducts_id=4639

Lastly you could peruse MiHa’s inventory at
    https://www.mp-molds.com/e-shop/sear...tribute_ids=43

I have an Accurate mould with two cavities that are PB and two that are GC. It is two cavities 43-240A and two cavities 43-240AG. That thing is magic. It starts casting perfect boolits on the first or second cast and it's user error if one doesn't have a crisp base.

I don't have any BP charges, but I load the PB ones with 8.5 grain of unique and it tends to be around 1100 fps in my redhawk. I load the GC ones with 23.5 grain of W296 and I get about 1450-1500 fps in the same gun.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital but sorry to hear that the "mice" got your stuff. I've always like Keith type SWC's in my revolvers. Every mold maker offers one or even several. RCBS has always made a good casting mold at an affordable price.

Boolit Buddy
    Check out Arsenal molds. Not as huge a selection of options as Accurate molds or Noe but comparable quality at reasonable prices. I have bought several molds from Arsenal in different calibers and am extremely pleased with the outstanding quality, and usually very quick delivery. The "golden age" of competitively priced quality molds produced here in the USA is right now.

Boolit Grand Master

I really like my Ranch Dog design molds (Lee). I have 2, a 240 gr. RNFP and a 265 gr. RNFP for my 44 Magnums. The 240 gr. bullets work quite well in my handguns and my Puma likes the 265 gr bullet a bit better. The mold I've been using for nearly 30 years is a Lyman 420421 which is still an excellent 44 bullet
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Mice, sounds more like rats to me.

Boolit Buddy
    H&G #503 250gr Keith... Works in any and ALL 44 cal barrel lengths... From a 3'' 629 to a 14'' Contender

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 8mm View Post
    Check out Arsenal molds. Not as huge a selection of options as Accurate molds or Noe but comparable quality at reasonable prices. I have bought several molds from Arsenal in different calibers and am extremely pleased with the outstanding quality, and usually very quick delivery. The "golden age" of competitively priced quality molds produced here in the USA is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sw282 View Post
    H&G #503 250gr Keith... Works in any and ALL 44 cal barrel lengths... From a 3'' 629 to a 14'' Contender
    I have an Arsenal 5 cavity #503 I like very much. Casts well, shoots well. http://www.arsenalmolds.com
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    I love Veral Smith's LBT molds. Here my WFN 250 which drops at 254 gr. I use it in my Ruger BH 44 Special .