Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Budget 45 auto options

Boolit Master

The Rock Islands are good, functional 1911's, and you're getting a steel pistol out of the exchange. I really respect them as a 1911 that's not drunk a bunch of the Madison Avenue hooch that makes it unable to decide if it wants to be a fighting gun, a match pistol, or a custom race car.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Banned
    well from my standpoint in thise horse race, what one of the basic low cost 1911s still use the standard feed ramp located in the barrel? and cant still take the "universal" replacement barrel?

Boolit Master
    I bought a Taurus PT1911 Govt. .45 & it was what I call inexpensive(around $500.00), all steel, but for the grip plates/scales(plastic), and shoots as good as I can shoot. Works fine for me.

I do not worry about what other folks might think of Taurus. This one has worked fine for me. Sure, I would like to have a Colt, or a Kimber, Baer, etc., but I could not afford them at the time I wanted one, & so I got a "budget" .45. and it suits me fine...

G'Luck! in whatever ya decide to get!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    The Rock Islands are good, functional 1911's, and you're getting a steel pistol out of the exchange. I really respect them as a 1911 that's not drunk a bunch of the Madison Avenue hooch that makes it unable to decide if it wants to be a fighting gun, a match pistol, or a custom race car.
    So funny and true.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Well I have been thinking about getting another 45 auto . My carry gun is a kahr cw45 so that handles the compact light weight duties . I'm not too in touch with what handguns are available these days so I thought I'd ask for some opinions and advice . What I'm wanting is something $400 or less in a full size frame 4-5" barrel . So far what I've seen available new or used are the Ruger p90 and p345 and the 1911 types from RIA and ATI , besides a hi point what others may I be missing that would fit my list ? I've heard good and not so good about the RIA and ATI brands of 1911 anyone have any first hand experience ? The Glock is an option too but is just a touch chubby for my hand

Thanks , Tim
    I bought a Rock Island GI 3 years ago. The slide stop didn't always hold open after the last round. Replacing that part fixed the problem. Other than that, it's been extremely reliable. Total round count, ummm, "many hundreds", probably towards a thousand. It cost, then, a bit over $400.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    I bought a Rock Island GI 3 years ago. The slide stop didn't always hold open after the last round.
    Had the exact same problem. Uses the $5 S&W stop to fix it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123