MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paper-patched bullets for BPCR shooting...

Boolit Mold
    Do most of you guys shoot competition? I figure that we regular shooters can learn some good techniques from competitors.

Boolit Master
    Most? Hard to say. You would need to start a poll. In any event, I do.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    My guess would be 10% of us, or fewer shoot paper patch in competition.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy
    I do. After shooting a silhouette match in some pretty brisk winds Sunday my spotter commented that my paper patch Bullets are much more forgiving in the wind than his greasers are. I tend to agree with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

i'm dedicated to the paper patch way, so competition paper patch only.

Boolit Master
    I shoot BPTR & silhouette matches, but actually shoot more grease grooved bullets in matches than I do PP.

This year, if all goes well, I'll do some Creedmoor shooting with one of my dedicated PP rifles.

Chris.

Boolit Master
    I shoot BPCR Silhouette in order to practice for Gong matches, which for me are more fun. I’d say 50:50 paper patch and grease groove, depending on what I have loaded and which rifle I feel I’ve been neglecting.

I’m not so much into competition as competition; it’s that such games are the only chances I have to shoot at targets and distances worthy of the rifles and loads. They’re pretty much wasted, IMHO, for plinking at short distances, and too much time at the bench gets counterproductive once the loads are proved out and the sights are set.

I probably won’t see a herd of buffalo come by here, so the matches are pretty much all there is. Some friends won’t come out and shoot because they’re averse to “competition.” They don’t see it as a chance to shoot, just as a risk of looking or feeling bad. Kind of a shame.

The real aces at our Club shoot grease groove exclusively. They’ve figured out what works for them, and are more interested in winning matches than any further experimentation, unless they get a new rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    What club do you shoot at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot both greasers and PP. depending on which rifle and caliber I'm shooting. I shoot local silhouette matches when I'm able. My 40-65 CPA really does well with the PP. My 45s the Hepburn 45-90 does very well but I really don't need the added powder capacity in it. The 45-70a are okay but not as good ae the heavy greasers yet. Haven't bought a mould for the 38s.

Boolit Master
    The Tucson Rifle Club. The monthly BPCR Silhouette Match should be this Saturday, unless the principals are hunting or competing somewhere else. It’ll be Paper Patch this time around, then I’ll have to reload everything for the Boulder City Shoot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123