MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingPBcastcoWideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Mold handles

Mold handles

I just picked up a used Lyman two cavity 225415
    What all mold handles will fit this mold? Hoping I don't have to by a set of Lyman's.
    I have Lee, NOE, RCBS, and Saeco.
    Thank you.
    Waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

the RCBS handles will work, the handle grove for the handles of an Lyman mold is slightly larger than RCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by dh2 View Post
    the RCBS handles will work, the handle grove for the handles of an Lyman mold is slightly larger than RCBS.
    Well thank you sir. One less thing to buy.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Boolit Master
    The Lee handles will fit also, at least mine did.

Boolit Master
    I'll try my RCBS handles on anything that I buy. So far so good w/ Lyman older molds. I dunno about the newer ones.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a Lyman 2 cavity also, lee fit great. There is a sticky for mold handles and what they fit with every mold you can imagine. The rcbs handles did not fit good for me
    Last edited by Adam20; 01-01-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

The Lee 6 cavity mould handles fit the Lyman single and double cavity moulds with no modifications.
    I've started putting the affordable Lee handles on all my Lyman moulds , so each mould will have it's own. Never had to make any adjustments to any of the handles , every one fit like a glove.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Awesome guys. Thank you so much.
    Waco.

Attachment 233309Like a lot of casters, I use and like Lee 6 cavity mold handles but they have a tendency to loosen the wooden handle from the metal of the handle, especially when they get hot from casting. I drill and tap mine to 8/32 and they stay put so you don't have to juggle with a loose handle when in the middle of a session.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Attachment 233309Like a lot of casters, I use and like Lee 6 cavity mold handles but they have a tendency to loosen the wooden handle from the metal of the handle, especially when they get hot from casting. I drill and tap mine to 8/32 and they stay put so you don't have to juggle with a loose handle when in the middle of a session.

Yup this works great. I "riveted" mine using used arc welding rods with the flux rubbed off.
    When you get down to it, its just metal. I've modified my Lyman handles with a grinder and drill to fit Seaco, NOE and RCBS. I didnt want to screw around ordering new handles

[QUOTE=reloader28;4541077]Yup this works great. I "riveted" mine using used arc welding rods with the flux rubbed off.
    When you get down to it, its just metal. I've modified my Lyman handles with a grinder and drill to fit Seaco, NOE and RCBS. I didnt want to screw around ordering new handles[/QUOTE

Even with this minor fix, Lee 6 cav handles are a great bargain. They are very durable, especially the hinges. The only mold handle that I ever broke was a Lyman that I tapped with a wooden piece of 3/4" dowel!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!