WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotgun information search

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    Are we still talking about shotguns or rifles? I may be lost...
    If it's shotguns, what Mr. Starr said works for me. I just spit down the barrel after loading the shot and before the overshot wad. No other lube needed, and you can keep shooting until you get tired of it. Just have to keep a water bottle handy.
    Lots of topics here, so I was referring to rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Lots of topics here, so I was referring to rifles.
    Ah. Ballistol and water mixed. Soak your patches, and let them dry. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Thanks Nobade. Only thing left is about the lube. Ox-Yoke used to sell a patch that had some kind of a "linement" smell to it. Using Pyrodex P, I once shot 70 or so shots without wiping the bore out of an old .40 rifle. Does anyone have info on a lube you could make up that duplicates that? I have some fabric but don't have any specific formula for some homemade lube yet. I don't know if they still sell the same lube they did back in the 1990's.
    There's 2 almost identical yellow patch lubes that are the most popular, TC Bore Butter and Wonderlube. The smell that you remember is tincture of Wintergreen.
    I rub the Bore Butter paste into each dry cut patch by hand which melts it into the fabric and then store them in a zip lock bag:--->>> https://gnarlygorilla.com/natural-lu...SABEgLzs_D_BwE

duelist1954 shows how to make revolver wads that are similar to Wonder Wads, but I don't think that it would work the same on patches as TC Bore Butter does.
    One or 2 tubes of Bore Butter should last a very long time.
    The duelist1954 wad recipe contains mutton tallow and bees wax which are harder to find than TC Bore Butter:--->>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNVPC2wmWI
    Last edited by arcticap; 01-11-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Go to the stickies in this section, and read the muzzleloading shot gun topic.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12