Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any parts kit builders here ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    I dont have any furniture for it so a pistol build isn't out of the question. And it does save a lot of work extending the barrel and trying to make it look right .
    Plus you can keep the barrel quick detach .

I might have to find a different front end , I'm not sure this one is easily salvageable , it's cut real close to the locking lugs
    you need a friend with a mig welder. this blowback stuff can be re-welded.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Attachment 233646Attachment 233647My AR-45s would fall into this category. Olympic Arms bbls and bcgs, dpms heavy uppers and dedicated greasegun mag lowers from CNC Enterprises. Built 3 so far, a forward charger sbr, an mp5 and a Thompson. Doing some R&D on a semiauto Lewis Gun. Also did a build of making a mini 30 into a M1a lookalike with the help of Accuracy Systems. If you look on pg 2 of Special Projects under 30 caliber builds you can see how it turned out.
    nice stuff. finding a source for affordable 45AR stuff has always been difficult.

Banned
    I have a tig , I'll have to get things De-slagged and apart before I make up my mind on if it's worth salvaging.

Boolit Mold
    I've finished a FAL so far. Working on an AK right now, with a CETME C, Galil ARM, and PPS43 on deck.

Boolit Buddy
    Let's see a few, AR, AK, Uzi, HK, and some others, the good old days of cheap
    kits is gone, years ago SA, RIA sold parts, Shotgun News was like your "candy
    store" for good parts. I remember when Rock Island Armory was selling AR clone
    finished lowers for $39.00, then they got into a "patent thing" with Colt so they
    were selling the lowers for $19 all Sendra marked either XM15 or M15,Colt chrome
    bolt carriers complete, Uppers etc. good ole days. Have too many projects to start
    and finish.

-Rock

Attachment 236238Attachment 236239Here’s my mini30/m1a that I built last year with the help of Accuracy Systems. Wasn’t a kit but it was a build and a half. They did the bbl work, brace and m14 flash hider while I did the stock, fake scope mount and camo paint job. The mini is inlet into an actual m14 stock with a lot of jb weld and 2 walnut block spacers. Planning on rebuilding a mini 300 blkout into a Garand this year.
    Never have enough projects.

Boolit Master
    nice hodgepodgery there, buddy. th " guns that never existed" are the most fun to build. i still have an L1A9 project in the wings. it will be a tec9-L1A1 hybrid.

Several types done over the years and kudos to justashooter for sharing his ak rec. forming tool designs and methods !! Helped me and several others down the path !

Boolit Buddy
    Built this .62 cal. smoothbore from some parts I had.
    Stainless steel seamless tube. Lock, trigger, trigger guard from Dixie Gun Works .58 cal ram rod from a Zouave. Hunk of Maple from a chair maker. rear sight from a Rem 788. Butt plate ??
    Favorite loads...100 grains FFG, .58 cal minie or round ball in a 20 ga shot cup.
    3 dram equiv. FFG with bird shot or OO buckshot.....one gun does most..
    Took 6 months....'cause I hadn't a clue, and I didn't like the Thompson Center Hawken Kit...thought I could do better myself. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoothbore .62.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	237109
    Last edited by double8; 03-02-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by double8 View Post
    Built this .62 cal. smoothbore from some parts I had.
    Stainless steel seamless tube. Lock, trigger, trigger guard from Dixie Gun Works .58 cal ram rod from a Zouave. Hunk of Maple from a chair maker. rear sight from a Rem 788. Butt plate ??
    Favorite loads...100 grains FFG, .58 cal minie or round ball in a 20 ga shot cup.
    Took 6 months....cause I hadn't a clue, and I didn't like the Thompson Center Hawken Kit...thought I could do better myself. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoothbore .62.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	237109
    I believe I agree with your statement there. .... NICE!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12