MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Has anyone used this powder

Banned

Has anyone used this powder

Well like the title says. I was going through the informational section of one of my manuals today, I like to brush up from time to time so as not to get complacent. I re-read a list of powders in an older manual and found online it has been reintroduced at Graf & Sons.
    So has anyone here used Vectan powder and if so, is it comparable to the more well known powders on the market?

I bought 6 bottles or so of Prima-V and have been using it in 9mms. Meters nice, burns decently clean and was cheap. I'd buy more of it.

Boolit Master
    On a previous Graf order I saw the prices on Vectan powders, and decided to try a pound of Vectan AO, as it was compared to Herco , a favorite of mine in a Krag and '06. A load of 12 grs of Vectan AO and a Saeco 315 shoots extremely well in my O3 A3 at 100yds, so on my next order I bought a few more. Rather odd looking powder, big green square flakes, but they seemed to flow well through the measure. At $14.99 for 1.1# it's a good deal.

I bought a bunch of Prima V a couple of years ago, I've used it quite a bit in 9mm also, and I like it.

Banned

Thanks to all. I'm pretty good on most of my powders for now but I will be getting some and checking it out. I live about 90 minutes from Graf and Sons.