Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2

Thread: Active BPCR matchs in Texas?

Boolit Bub

Active BPCR matchs in Texas?

I知 looking into shooting a BPCR match and I知 not sure which matches are still active. Does anyone have any knowledge on which ones still shoot according to the BPCR.net information?

YCSA at the Brune ranch in Columbus Tx-----------big bore the 2nd and 4th saturday 22 BPCR the 3rd saturday
    HOTSA near Mexia TX one match a month i believe
    Fort Chadborn but i have no contact information

Hope this helps a bit

Dave

Boolit Bub
    Yes it does! Thank you! I didn’t know about the YSCA And it isn’t far away at all. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to go out to one of these soon.

Next match is January 12th-----------We are a pretty ragged crew but it is a fun time and a great range

get loaded and hope to see you on the 12th

Dave

Boolit Master
    Ft Chadborne is second sunday subject to weather and holidays year round. Grahmn is fourth sunday and starts up in March. Should be contact info at BPCR web sight.

Hi Kid. Thought you was dead.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dave roelle View Post
    Hi Kid. Thought you was dead.
    Still kicking just not stirring up much dust. I read sometime ago that the BPCR match at New Braunsville had shutdown?

Boolit Master
    Exal, I would get on the match directors e-mail list for any place you might want to shoot. What part of Texas do you live in?

Boolit Bub
    I just moved to Austin this month from West Texas but I have a place on oak creek so the fort Chadbourne match might be a good one just because I could spend the night there.

How many people usually show up for the matches? It kind of seems like a dying sport. Also, are there any good resources that I can look at to see what equipment I would need for a match and is it detrimental that I don’t have a spotter?

Boolit Master
    Chadborne will have eight to twelve shooters depending on weather etc. Gary will place you with someone to spot for you. You will need your gun with bpcr sights or scope, sight settings, a means of fouling control (blow tube or wet patch) sixty rounds of black powder x cast bullets ammo. I think anything else can be borrowed. If you have sight settings for 220 yards chickens or even 100yds we can likely get you on target. Yep seems like a dying sport till you go to Mexia for the state match or Raton for nationals.

Boolit Bub
    Ok good deal. I have all that and a little more so I should be good hopefully! I have rough sight settings for 100 and 200 yards and a ballistics chart so hopefully that will be enough.

After I get settled hopefully I will be out there within the next month or so. I’ll go ahaead and get on the email list as well.

Just show up at YCSA, watch a match and get acquainted. You will never meet a better group of people. Let it be known you are getting started and need equipment, and you can probably buy everything you need from the other shooters. Do not worry about a spotter, but do take a lawn chair.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomokid View Post
    I read sometime ago that the BPCR match at New Braunsville had shutdown?
    Yes, due to lack of attendence, the New Braunsville BPCR matches were discontinued mid 2017.

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.
    http://www.texas-mac.com