WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gout hit me

Boolit Master

Stay well hydrated gents. Dillution is a solution to a point. Fresh water, not that barley water.

Boolit Buddy
    Folks that haven't had the gout experience don't realize just how much pain we're talking about... I haven't had an attack in 6 years, but I'm religious about taking Allopurinol daily. Something else to worry about: gout can bring on bursitis. Have it in my left hip right now and they can't do anything about it other than cortisone shots. Treatment consists of, ahem, grandpa's hip elixir. When you get our age you do whatever you have to do...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad5005 View Post
    no red wine here,or any wine at all,steaks,shell fish and lima beans lol no problem now days though,no legs
    heart goes out to you. i will not complain any more.

Boolit Buddy
    I once limped gingerly to a school function for my daughter and her teacher asked about my walk. Told her I was recovering from a gout attack and previously had so much pain I wanted to chainsaw my foot off....she said her husband had talked of the same thing, also having an attack. She said she thought he was exaggerating about the pain....now she knew better.

I'm now taking Feboxastat (SP?) and no attack for several years. The allopurinol did not stop them. Serious diet changes also helped. I just breath air now.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Indomethacin always fixes me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Who'd thunk, something as small as your toe could turn you into a whimpering little girl? And, by the end of the second night with no sleep, you'd consider a 44 HP as pain relief?
    BTDT, during a week long camping trip in the deep woods. I had to pack up and walk to civilization.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I had it once. Once was enough. I didn’t hunt deer this year for the first time since the mid-80s. Everybody I know has severely cut back their deer consumption because of gout fear so my deer freezer is still 3/4 full. At the rate I’m going through it I may still have some left next fall.

Drinking a ton of water helps keep it from getting worse and makes it go away faster. Of course you make yourself miserable walking to the bathroom.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12