WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fireworks

Moderator Emeritus

Nothing that goes bang in MN or leaves the ground. But I am only 60 miles from SD and they sell everything so someone was launching mortars New Year Eve. I watched out the window. WAY to cold to be outside! My young and dumb days are long past LOL it was -10 and -40 windchill!

Boolit Buddy

Wyoming is 100 miles away, so shortage of fire works here.
    Clyde
    COL USA RET

Boolit Master

Fireworks available in grocery stores and Costco here...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    New Years eve is tomorrow.
    Here, you need to buy a $35 permit to buy a 5000 string.
    The period to buy was only 5 days.
    No refund on unused permits.
    Most places ran out of fireworks by the third day.
    All aerials have been banned.
    Since Thanksgiving, aerials have been going off all over the place.
    Once in a while a string will go off.
    Black market is thriving.
    Fireworks were a part of religious tradition for the Asian here.
    Now we have to pay for a permit to practice part of our religion.
    Once a year we want to celebrate.
    They want to ban Fireworks, but want to legalize pot.
    How dumb is that???
    How is it in your place????
    Friend went to Vegas, and said you could set off Fireworks all years round.
    Is that true?????
    Here in PA they recently changed the law to allow aerial fireworks such as consumer 1.75" shells, roman candles and smaller rockets. I recently visited Vegas and fireworks were for sale everywhere out in the desert and a few places allowed you to shoot them on site. I went to high school on Oahu (1960's) and had a lot of fun shooting the legal chinese firecrackers that were only a few bucks for a large brick. They were really loud and nothing like the reduced charge firecrackers sold today. On the day after the New Year celebration, the streets were littered with red paper from firecrackers.......good times

Boolit Master
    In WNY, fireworks have just became legal...as long as it don't leave the ground or go bang....but most people have been driving to PA and buying the good stuff for years. In PA it only legal to sell to out of state resident....what a scam

Boolit Master
    5 gal bucket with tight lid with rubber o-ring... couple of tables spoons calcium carbide and a cup of water. Small hole for 2’ length of fuse. Add ingredients close lid tightly, light fuse and car alarms will go off in one minute. Retrieve lid and repeat.

No one used to bother us when we did it years ago... now it’s probably a felony.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

Things must have really changed over there since I was at Schoffield Barracks. I'd go to Wahiwa or Mililani and load up and come back and we'd have "circle parties" with everyone cooking burgers, hotdogs with loads of beer and bags of firecrackers. They put all of us 1SGs from the 3/4 Cav in the same circle. Sometimes, we'd go all night. Recall my boys blowing up their mama's poinsettia hedge of beautiful red poinsettia's with fireworks. Looked like a picked chicken with all the blooms blown off. She was really mad at all us men./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Anything that explodes or flies is illegal here. If you've ever seen the movie "Joe Dirt" all the "good stuff" is illegal here.

So of course there's so many people blowing up the world that the police couldn't possibly start to enforce any of those laws.

Since about 95% of what was set of was illegal, it's amazing how much of a haze all that gunpowder left hanging over the area. And I didn't hear very many gunshots. But maybe I just couldn't hear them over my own. But I was at an actual gun range and fired into a purpose built berm.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    People ask why I live in podunk Montana. I can shoot in the yard whenever I want. I can buy the good fireworks and use them. Traffic is very light and the people are friendly and there are no building permits. For the most part I'm left alone to do as I wish so long as I don't step on others rights.

Boolit Master
    I was always a fireworks junkie when I was a kid, mostly bottle rockets and fire crackers. Then I was lucky to get to live in Japan from 13-16 years of age. The currency rate was 360 Yen per dollar back then, so that in addition to their fireworks already being cheap meant I was in fireworks heaven.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyjim014 View Post
    In WNY, fireworks have just became legal...as long as it don't leave the ground or go bang....but most people have been driving to PA and buying the good stuff for years. In PA it only legal to sell to out of state resident....what a scam
    Seems like PA has the right idea.
    Take advantage of stupid law across the border.

Boolit Grand Master
    Growing up, the tradition was, the noise from the fireworks were to chase away the evil spirits accumulated during the year.
    This way your would start the new year with no evil around the home.
    It was part of some religions.
    Now we have to pay for the right to practice that part of the religion.
    I wounder what would happen if they charged people to pray and go to mass????
    Being a dmacrat state, they can do anything they want here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12