Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Weihrauch HW35 Standard

Boolit Buddy

Weihrauch HW35 Standard

What's the consensus of those in the know about the Weihrauch HW35 (.177) as an all-around fun-gun for use with the stock iron sights? I'm interested in the standard model, not the "Export".

The HW35 is appealing to me because of its longevity and the breech lock. Intended use would be plinking and informal target shooting with no plans to try to hot-rod it.

Thanks in advance!

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 exports and love them .177 and .22
    No need to hot rod them but a tune really smooths a piston gun out.
    Well worth even having it done by a pro.
    Kits are available if your up to it - It's not that hard
    Vortek makes a nice kit
    They will shoot better than you can hold.
    Test pellets to see what it likes.
    The HW97 is another winner but a little heavier
    My HW's are some of my favorite toys R7,R9,97 and the 35's
    Sold my R1 as it was just to much for my needs - Lots of power!

I have an E (Export) and an EB (Export Beeman) I have had the EB since 1976 and have fired thousands of rounds.. I just got the E a few months ago for $60 and had to clean it up and refinish the stock. It shoots nicer than the EB and I mounted a scope on it to test which pellets it liked the best. I then removed the scope and shoot with the open sights exclusively.

The first target was shot offhand in 1978 when I was still able to shoot like that.

The second target was shot off a rest for pellet testing and that is 5 shots inside .125!

I can hit the black nearly every shot at 10M. That target shot offhand at 10M with open sights. Not quite as good as I used to be?

These guns are literally one hole guns and will be long after you or I are gone. They will literally last forever with only a small amount of maintenance (oil!) and just keeping one clean will promote its longevity tremendously. My E had lived in a Closet for many years and got wall paint dripped on the stock and the entire gun was clogged with dust. It cleaned up perfectly, and is a joy to shoot.

My EB has always been taken care of because that's the way I treat guns. It has a Peep sight mounted and is my Peep sight practice gun. The E has the stock Open sights and it is my Open sight practice gun.

Both of these guns look new and shoot like they are new. both were made in 1975-6! Both still run at @720 fps!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy

Thanks, guys. I'm sold. 😁

On a different subject: Randy, I bought one of the first batch of your hand presses--love it!

Happy New Year!

Mike
    Last edited by mdatlanta; 12-31-2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Boolit Master
    I bought a Diana (RWS) Model 35 back in 1969. It's pretty darn close to the HW 35. I can't even imagine how many pellets have gone down the barrel but it has been a LOT. It still shoots just like it did in 1969. If it's performance has changed, you would never be able to tell without instruments. I also have a pair of RWS 48s. They are too much for plinking and I tend to still shoot the old Diana more. I mild plinker like these is jut a lot of fun to shoot and very accurate if you do your part.

Boolit Master
    Here's mine with Weihrauch target aperture sight. Mine has the Vortek kit installed, with the leather piston seal in it. Shoots faster than with synthetic seals do in it. High 700's with 7.33gr JSB Express pellets. Don't shoot Crosman 7.4 gr Hunting Pellets bad either. A few drops of neet's foot oil every tin of pellets keeps thing going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 101-0138_IMG.JPG  

Thanks for your support Mike.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Mold
    love my old hw guns - one in 35 and one in 55 versions!

i'm lucky in that I was able to pick up these 2 on two separate tours in germany - in the last century...

one is "straight-o potato" standard and the other has the tyrolean style stock.

love these and enjoy them maybe a little more than anything else in the "king's arsenal" as it were!

btw - the williams fp that wrbuchanan shows in my estimation is one of the best "bang for the buck" sights you can get outside of the olympic match stuff...
    Last edited by rkcohen; 01-05-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdatlanta View Post
    What's the consensus of those in the know about the Weihrauch HW35 (.177) as an all-around fun-gun for use with the stock iron sights? I'm interested in the standard model, not the "Export".

The HW35 is appealing to me because of its longevity and the breech lock. Intended use would be plinking and informal target shooting with no plans to try to hot-rod it.

Thanks in advance!
    great gun,I own one.very accurate and a classic
    it's a pretty big gun and is nice and steady offhand
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Buddy

Thanks to all of you for your help! My new HW35 Standard arrived late last week. The fit and finish are beautiful. The stock seems to fit me pretty well and the rifle balances very well.

I hope to have the time this weekend to set up some targets and see how well I can shoot it. ��

Boolit Buddy
    Get a tune you wont regret it - I promise

Boolit Master
    I really like the Hw35 WALNUT model, check out pic. of it on AOA's website.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 of those - Did great with one and above avg. with the other in the
    wood lottery - My .22 wears a little 4x and the .177 has an Anschutz peep set-up.

I'm sorry but we need pictures or it didn't happen! I showed all of you mine,,, now lets see some pics!

Randy