RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Kick’s Buck Kicker chokes

Boolit Master

Kick’s Buck Kicker chokes

Was at Greentop Sporting Goods in Glen Allen VA today and checked out the screw in chokes for my Benelli Montefeltro . Kick’s makes lite full , full and xtra full . They didn’t have the lite full in stock so I bought one of each of the other two. Tried them later today with factory 3” in #1 , 00 and 000 at 25 and 50 yards . Well I shot the 00 and 000 in the full Christmas key and #1 and 00 in the xtra full choke . They all did well enough that I’d not have qualms about trying deer out to 40 or so yards .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

For #1 I went even tighter in my M1 and was getting 12" patterns at 35 yards.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master
    I’m not a big advocate of 2 , 3 or 4 buck but I plan on trying them all on paper atleast . Killed one buck with #2 from a 10 gauge 2 7/8” handload and finished a couple off with #3 buck in 10 gauge 2 7/8” also handloads . Before I stop messing with this stuff I wanna take one outright with single shot of #3 buck in one of my 10’s and the same with #4 buck . Also wanna try 12 gauge 3” handloads with 0 , 2 and 3 buck .

I was impressed with 50’yard patterns when I did my review on them on YouTube. I killed my furthest deer to date with the full choke at 56 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    I was impressed with 50’yard patterns when I did my review on them on YouTube. I killed my furthest deer to date with the full choke at 56 yards

The shop I was at yesterday had the Buckshot full and xtra full but not the light full . Think Thursday I’ll order the lite full factory direct . Couple weeks ago I plunked a pair with the Benelli shooting 3” factory #1 . The first st 26 yards boom flop and the second at 32 yards boom flop . Only complaint I have for my circa 1988 Montefeltro is the fact that this version has a barrel boss that slides over the front of the Mag tube where a threaded stud comes out , so I cannot extend the mag . So this thing is a three shooter period .

When chick from Kick’s sent those two chokes, he sent a full and X-full.

According to him (and the website I believe), the Full is for 3-3.5” #00- #000 buck, while the XFull was for 2.75”-3” #4-00.

Ha e you heard anything like that?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    When chick from Kick’s sent those two chokes, he sent a full and X-full.

According to him (and the website I believe), the Full is for 3-3.5” #00- #000 buck, while the XFull was for 2.75”-3” #4-00.

Ha e you heard anything like that?

They have a table in the packaging that pretty much says what they told you ! I’ve half way been contemplating a Tri-Star 12 gauge O/U that’s 3 1/2” . I can get one for a decent price thru the shop at dealer cost . But then I’ll need to set up a MEC Sizemaster for 12 gauge 3 1/2”

Boolit Master
    It just occurred to me if I hunt the next ten years only with shotguns and average 12-15 a year I might just try all the different slug and buckshot loads I’d like to kill a deer with

Boolit Master
    I ordered a Buck Kicker “Lite Full” for my Benelli today direct from Kicks . Hopefully I’ll have in hand next Wednesday .

Boolit Master

Sika,

Have you had good luck with Green Top? I went there once, but didn't have the best experience. The people didn't seem to want to help us out, and we were looking to buy a safe at the time.

Haven't been back since, but maybe I'll have to make the pilgrimage down to RVA and give it another shake.

On the other hand, I have had super good luck with Town Police in Chesterfield. Bought my Glock there and everyone was super helpful and friendly!
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    Sika,

Have you had good luck with Green Top? I went there once, but didn't have the best experience. The people didn't seem to want to help us out, and we were looking to buy a safe at the time.

Haven't been back since, but maybe I'll have to make the pilgrimage down to RVA and give it another shake.

On the other hand, I have had super good luck with Town Police in Chesterfield. Bought my Glock there and everyone was super helpful and friendly!
    There’s a young man at Greentop that used to work at the shop in Orange with us he’s quite knowledgeable and helpful . However when I went down the other day some youngster at the rifle/shotgun counter needed to get a key so I could get the chokes . He had the personality of a roadkill possum . Before I asked him about the choke tubes I was looking at a Parker single barrel trap , he and another associate felt the need to be at my elbow but neither said a word . I understand they’re worried about people stealing but I can’t very well stick a shotgun with a 32-34” barrel down my pants leg .

Boolit Master
    The Lite Full Buck Kicker choke arrived today . Hopefully I can get it patterned with factory 3” 000 in the next two weeks .