MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daughter threatened N Seattle, need CC gun advice.

Banned

My wife has a Charter Arms Lavender Lady 38 Special. It is a light frame 5 round revolver that's easy to control. She also has a Ruger LCP, and she likes the 38 Special much better. Here it is:
    https://charterfirearms.com/products...-lavender-lady

As for the purse question, my advice is to get a purse designed for concealed carry. My wife has one from Graf and Sons. Don't recall the price but you can check their web site. https://www.grafs.com/

You should take her to a couple of gun shops that have a gun range and have her try some guns out to see what she likes and feels comfortable shooting. I have 4 kids 3 of them are 15 years old triplets yes that’s right 15 years old triplets and one thing I have done is we go in the back 50 and we do some shooting. 38 spl is a great round which can be shoot out of a 357 mag and can be small enough for concealed carry. She can practice with 38 spl and 357 for CC if she actually had to use it she would not even notice the extra recoil. My friends wife carries a Smith & Wesson in 357 mag and she not a very big lady and I wouldn’t want her shooting at me and she does shoot bigger guns like 45 colt and 44 mag.

Boolit Master
    Honestly, I'd have her go up to a 9mm. The Springfield XDs is a great little 9mm. I don't think even a new shooter would have much trouble getting proficient with it.

The Ruger SP101 is also a good gun, though the trigger takes some getting use to. If she goes that route, might as well get the 357 mag version even if she won't ever shoot anything other than 38 special out of it. That way, the option is there.

Best option would be to move away from that liberal cesspool and her abusive ex.

Boolit Buddy
    Gun show this weekend and I was able to handle one of the new S&W "EZ" 380's. A size larger than typical CCW and the slide really is very easy to manipulate, I didn't get to shoot one but I would think the recoil would be pretty mild. Even as a brand new model the price was just under $400, I would think that price would fall a little by the end of the year.

Boolit Grand Master

A sold door can be made very secure by adding 4 dead bolts to it 2 on each side about 18" to 24" apart. this creates a safe door locking system that negates hinges and thrie loght screws from the door. The four heavy opposing bolts will also make "Jacking" the door open much harder.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Boyfriends, lovers and bad husbands don't fear fathers.
    If you get involved, make sure you're ready for prison.
    Daughters that make bad decisions will continue to do so, even while you're in the clink.
    Sometimes they listen, if you carefully explain the collateral damage that may ensue should he decide to hurt himself after hurting your daughter.
    But he must believe you're willing to carry out such things.

Boolit Master
    Snubbie hammerless S&W. Reload practice rounds as low powered as possible till she gets used to it. Then carry it with 38+P ammo.
    A revolver is the ultimate in reliability.
    East Tennessee

If no one has suggested this
    https://youtu.be/h8r6CY5UZyw
    Also I held a Browning’s 1911 black label recently it’s slim reasonably compact with a wonderful trigger and comes in 380
    This also comes to mind
    https://youtu.be/c_GJlFEXOcw
    Last edited by Cast_outlaw; 12-31-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Ad more option

Banned
    Thank you for all your replies.

Yes, she has shot before, she is around 40 and very strong for her size.

I have bought her a taser and I'm making arrangements for her to go to a range that has "all you can eat" rental handguns.

I concur it doesn't matter how good the gun is if she doesn't like it or know how to use it. Unfortunately, I no longer travel well but I will make arrangements for her to get the training she needs. When she was still at home, I was very busy and she had no interest in guns.

Let this be a lesson for you with kids still at home!!!!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    Thank you for all your replies.

Yes, she has shot before, she is around 40 and very strong for her size.
    Good! She has a major obstacle behind her then already. She could likely use and control a 45 ACP carry gun. I would suggest a Kahr Arms 45, buttery smooth triggers and zero stored energy in the striker, they are 100% DA pull each shot, striker block safety is automatic, these are great carry guns, very safe to carry with one in the chamber, I've had a CW45 for years it goes everywhere I go.

BUT.... Here is the real reason I recommend the Kahr or another concealable 45, even in a 3.5" barrel, a full weight 230gr Speer Gold Dot hollowpoint penetrates a solid 9" into our red North Carolina clay. This, is proof enough for me what it would do in a defensive situation, and hopefully only one shot will ever be needed, *IF* it comes down to it.

You will not get this level of performance out of ANY 380, regardless of what loads are used. If I only had one chance, one shot, my money will be on whatever will deliver the boolit shown below, this boolit has a VERY high likelihood of a one-shot stop.

Last edited by DougGuy; 12-31-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Have her get some Raid bug spray that will go about 20' .It is know that it will stop someone better then pepper spray. So if the person is at about 20' she can spay them in the face and eyes.Just a idea.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Good watch and informative on caliber selection

https://youtu.be/nycYxb-zNwc

Moderator Emeritus

cleaned up and closed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123