Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: flintlock doe ended in hand to hoof combat

Back just before Christmas 1998 I was driving my brother home and an obviously stupid spike buck ran into the side of my truck and got it's right rear leg hooked by my back bumper and I obviously had to stop the deer was sitting in a sphinx pose and looking at me as I approached but couldn't get up because it's back was broken just forward of the pelvis but it tried mightily and fell down again and my brother said "enough is enough" and whacked on the head with my a tire iron and the deer just glared at him, so I hit it with my three-cell maglite and instead of a hollow "thunk" it made a dull sound like breaking a glass jar wrapped in duct tape and the deer was "departed" and no longer uncooperative about getting into the back of my truck.

But the Better story is family legend my uncle and a buddy found a deer in the middle of the road and swiftly tossed it into the trunk of his car and started to drive home to where they lived on the other side of the Delaware river across the Milford toll bridge back into NJ and somewhere around this time the deer which was apparently only stunned woke up and stuck it's head out of the trunk into the back seat (His car was a 1963 Pontiac Tempest convertable) he became aware of this a few miles down the road when he felt it breathing on the back of his neck! But the toll gate area was brightly illuminated, SO After they finished the job of dispatching the deer (which had three broken legs) and got it out of the trunk, the Toll takers shift had ended and he drove down to the farm and demanded a share of the deer... (it was a rural area where everybody literally knew everybody else) this all being back about 1968 so the Statute of limitations is LONG expired...

This is the best thread. Thanks to all for some good laughs.

Boolit Master

I was coming home from town on my motorcycle driving the speed limit, it was just before dark one November afternoon. There was a semi doging me when a deer ran out in front of me. Semi's are not known for their quick stopping abilities so I couldn't just slam on the brakes. I applied the brakes and swerved almost missing the deer. I hit its hind legs with the front tire and spun it around.
    The oncoming car struck it and throw in into the windshield of the semi truck behind me.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

I have also "dispatched" a road injured doe under the watchful eyes of a State trooper that had already tried (and failed) to dispatch it with his 40caliber service weapon, by the simple expedient of decapitating with an axe (Estwing camp axe), I had in the back of my truck.

AS for going into the woods while hunting without a knife? Unthinkable, I have Three lock blades (One serves as a money clip) just to walk to my mailbox, and If I'm making that walk after dark I typically have a 10mm 1911 pistol!

I don't entirely trust our neighborhood Bear... as long as it runs away It will live a long life,
    the day it doesn't I'm going to shoot it!
    Last edited by AllanD; 06-13-2019 at 12:08 AM.

In Remembrance
    Years ago I had a place at the end of a 4 mile private road on n the trinity river in texas. I rode a bike all the time in those days and was working almost 200 miles away, so would leave very early on monday mornings. I had a new 83 750 honda magna at the time and before I got to the end of the road a deer came across the basically one lane road on a dead run, it went under my headlight, and the forks broke its back, a small 4 point. I cut its throat and turned around and went to get my pickup to get it and dress it out, tasty little critter it was. lol
    The way it came out of the woods and under my light, I was not even sure what it was until I got stopped. lol

I had a great uncle that lived up in Erath county on a 160 acre homestead all his life, never had any electricity, he was walking down a draw that he had piled a bunch of cedar brush in, carrying an axe over his shoulder, about the time he got to the brush pile a buck jumped over it right on top of him, he automatically swung the axe and hit it square in the head and killed it.

Boolit Mold
    Amazing how many of these stories there are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Great thread, it appears a lot of these stories have been kept under wraps for awhile. Confession is good for the soul, it is said, and the confessional is still open! . I haven’t belly laughed like this in a long time! Thanks!
    Luvtn

Boolit Master
    The old saying"Bring enough gun"applies to what happened to a friend in Florida.Seems like Yogi decided to want to check out his kitchen one morning when he was fixing breakfast,and wanted some too.Started to rip up the door to get in.Definitely my friend used enough gun.The only one to hand.A .600 NE double.Did not end well for Ol Yogi.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123