MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Timney Trigger ID?

Timney Trigger ID?

I bought a New Old stock Trigger, Timney Brand in the box with instructions, sight unseen until I received it.
    The box was the old Yellow box the end label read "Sportsman M91s"

I was buying it as a Replacement for an 1891 Argentine, I have replaced a few of these over the years and they are not for the novice as it requires fitting, drilling and tapping 2 screws and proper placement of the trigger.
    I do not recall the number on the box of the ones I have used in the past, some were new in the box, Timney has not made them for years for the 1891 , I do understand why.
    The Trigger I received the other day would fit right at home on a Springfield 03A3 but the instructions were like that of the 1891 to drill and tap for screws but the instructions were a bit different than those I kept from the old Triggers that fit the 1891.
    The original 1891 trigger is flat on top( no pin boss protruding like the 98 or the Springfield). and the ledge in front that has the slack adjustment screw is not there.
    Like I said this one is a copy of the Springfield Sportsman of old with the Aluminum gray body.
    Does anyone know what this M91s trigger is to fit?
    Or do I have the correct box/instructions with the wrong trigger ?

You sure cant find it on the internet I wish I had an old book with the old Timney listings in it.

Timney sells a M91-4 and a M91-4K neither of which fit on a 1891 although the labels says they do they do not they do list them as fitting the 93-94-96-98s though and anyone that has used any of these triggers know that don't fit a 1891.
    Try getting an answer for Timney on that , I have had great support from Timney in getting parts to fix triggers that people have tried to modify but there is nothing to tell you of the application fit for such triggers.

But the trigger I bought stated as a M91s and is of old manufacture.
    Anyone???
    Ron
    Last edited by ronniet; 12-30-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Boolit Man
    It really sounds like someone put the wrong trigger in the box, doesn't it. It sometime happens, even factory new.
    Oklahoma. Quite possibly the reddest state in the U.S.A. 77 counties, 2 elections, and not a single one went for B.O. Uh make that 3 elections, we didn't care much for Hillary either.

Yep it was boxed wrong, that was the problem.