RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Shot my M2 Springfield today.

Shot my M2 Springfield today.

Got the 1922 M2 Springfield out of the safe this afternoon and let my grandson shoot it. I wouldn’t let him shoot my toys while he was in high school as his grades were so crappy but now he’s graduated and working he’s acting more responsible so today we shot some. It’s a heavy rifle but he was hitting my small 25 yd swingers just fine. He had more trouble with the 65 yd swinger only getting 3 hits for 5 numerous times but I thought he did pretty good as green as he is. This rifle is a sweetheart and makes it hard to miss, I’m going to have to buy some smaller steel. I also let him try out one of my Webleys. Hopefully we will make this into a regular thing. Attachment 232926

Boolit Master

You make me jealous. Had one back in the 60s that was ringed about 2" in front of the chamber but still shot good. Traded it off because of that. Now, the LGS has one on the rack that I've been lusting over for about a year now. I keep slapping the hand that reaches for my wallet but it's getting harder./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Moderator Emeritus
    M2’s are great rifles and to me the most desireable mil surplus 22’s. The bolt is so smooth that several times I checked to make sure a shell was loaded. It always was. Very accurate also.

Boolit Master
    I have only seen one of those rifles for sale in all the years I have been "gun showing". That is a real beauty. What a fine choice to learn the art of the gun.

Boolit Master
    Very nice rifle. I have a soft spot for old match rifles

Thanks guys, while I’ve looked at these for years as a great .22 I had never touched one until handling one that a fellow cas shooter brought to our clubs monthly match. He had lucked up on a Griffin and Howe customized M2. WOW, beautiful wood, fine cut checkering, engraving, a true piece of art. It felt so good that I started looking for one. Found mine on GB, unfortunately it had been drilled for .22 scope mounts. It had a safety and its numbered bolt modified for a scope. But came with the original safety, scope and mount and a second M2 magazine. It’s ‘customizing’ made it affordable and certainly didn’t affect it’s accuracy. I found a correct bolt on ebay and installed the GI safety, maybe I’ll put it in a GI stock this year.