RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neurontin ??

Boolit Buddy
    I jousted with a Forklift in June of this year and lost miserably. Broke 5 bones in my right foot, severely sprained my ankle and had to have debridment surgery to remove necrotic tissue from my instep. Opioids were the only way to temper the pain levels and was not able to maintain lucidity to reliably take meds on schedule. My Wife, with the aid of our Daughter, kept watch over me to meet my basic needs and assure proper dosage at med times.
    Now weaned off painkillers, back at work, and in spite of continued physical therapy, I am able to perform my duties at work without restrictions. I still suffer from “lightning bolts” of pain from my lower leg and foot/ankle. Physician prescribed Gabapentin at 300 mg at bedtime for me and the results have been profoundly successful in aiding sleep and mitigating pain throughout my day. Perfect solution, perhaps not, as I have some difficulty recalling names of people I interact with daily.
    Consulting with Physician to moderate dosage, but happy for improvement of my situation.
    Got-R-Did.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Got-R-Did, the rumor I've heard is that, for jousting with forklifts, you want to use either an M1 Abrams, or a T. Rex, as a mount. Apparently this isn't widely known, sadly. Just saying.

Glad you lived and hope the Neurontin works well for you. (Just watch those pesky side effects.)

Boolit Grand Master

In the 90s I took Neurontin for diabetic neuropathy and wound up a total zombie. The lightning strikes in my feet remained and I quit taking it. I have since learned to deal with the nerve pain except for the worst which usually only last about 24 hr. It's called mind over matter. It usually works if you can concentrate on something else. I hate pills but take a handfull every morning that I'm sure interact negatively.
    I truly believe that many of the preventive meds they prescribe to us as we age, do us more harm than what they are prescribed for.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12