RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Old Lee Turret Press Parts?

Boolit Master

Old Lee Turret Press Parts?

My Lee Turret 3 hole press is nearly 30 years old. I broke the cast aluminum linkage that raises the ram the other day and now see that Lee has completely discontinues the parts for this press. Does anyone know where I can pick up a used link to keep this press in working order? I really am not interested in sending it in for a half off deal on their Value Turret Press as then I would have to retool for the 4 hole turret. It worth it to me to do that. I would rather consider another vendor before upgrading Lee at this point.
    Any suggestions? Somebody probably has spare parts laying around the would like to sell, eh?

Boolit Master
    Fleebay you can find those presses for $35.00
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Moderator Emeritus

New (old stock) or Used parts for the Lee turret press are difficult to find, when I've seen them on ebay, they go for more than I think they are worth

The way I see it, If I wanted to repair/replace the original style press linkage (which I prefer on my 3 holer), I'd look for another old press or Pro1000 for parts, every once in a while, a junker appears on one of the facebook groups for cheap. This seems like the best choice, if you like the Lee turret 3 holer, so you'd have more parts for future repairs.
    Or
    there is a new Handle upgrade kit.
    https://leeprecision.com/roller-handle-upgrade-kit.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    This looks like the proper piece.The OP will also need two shoulder bolts and a pin if he wants a can measure mine to be sure.Mine broke years ago at the time Lee would send you the repair kit free its a better setup than the aluminium I just looked at the parts list I see that link is for the new value press but it looks the same if the OP wants to know for sure I can tear my old press apart and compare I have the new value press too.Don't see any pins on any of the parts list but I think one that would work could be found
    Last edited by wildwilly501; 12-26-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    Thanks for looking, Skeettx, but that isn't the part that broke, but is integral to it. I called a dealer today and also Lee directly. There are no more parts available for my old unit. Maybe finding a used one for cheap is the way to go. Or, upgrade to a Dillon.

Boolit Grand Master

If you can post a pic of the broken part that would help. Another is where are you located at? A good welding shop may be able to pin and weld it to useable again. A pic would help determine this. Is this the 3 hole turret that became the first Lee progressive or 1000 I think it was.

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 12-27-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I use a Pro1000 and a 3 hole turret. Replacement hard parts like linkage, rams, bases are only going to be available thru the used market. I now also have a Breech Lock Pro press and will be watching for a deal the upgraded Value press which I'm thinking the top turret ring should swap onto it which should enable us to use the 3 hole turrets.

Boolit Buddy
    The picture of the three hole turret you posted is with the newer style connecting link on the older presses it was aluminium.Since the OP hasn't said for sure whats broke on his its kinda hard to help.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    You can upgrade the handle to the newer version they use on the Challenger. I think they quit making the old toggles in 2004. That aluminum linkage was replaced with that stamped steel part in the eighties. Just scroll down the page, and you'll see the toggle, and clamps you need to upgrade. You should be able to do it for less than $15.00.

https://www.titanreloading.com/pro-1000-parts?page=1

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    Which part are you needing A, B, or C?

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    Sorry to be so tardy in responding as the holidays, family and work has taken my time lately. It dawned on me as I stepped into the door of my office that I needed to review this thread, and am glad I did. You gentlemen have been incredibly helpful.

Skeettx, this is the press I have that you posted: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...h-manual-index
    Mine came with the auto index, but as you know those neopreme bushings don't hold up well, preventing full indexing to take place. I removed that decades ago.

With that said, will the https://leeprecision.com/roller-handle-upgrade-kit.html work on my turret press? That looks to be a good upgrade but I am thinking that is for the 4 hole turret press and won't mate with my 3 hole turret press. I suspect you will know this better than I do, though.

Yes, it is the 2128 toggle that broke. My brother is a welder but is off from shoulder surgery and it will be some time before he could weld it. I am pretty sure he could but a new one would be best.

Since photobucket.com started charging high dollars for their site I haven't transitioned over to another webpage to host pictures. Thus, the reason I haven't posted any. That needs remedied, as well.

Wildwilly501, you are correct, my three hole press uses the cast aluminum links.

Jimkim, it is letter C that I need. Have one to sell?

My next problem is that when removing the passenger side shoulder bolt I found out the hole's threads are stripped. I believe that may have caused the break to occur in the first place as the toggles show recent signs of wear on the sides due to being cocked out of alignment. One would think this would have been noticeable when cycling the handle but I never felt any grinding taking place. Is there a long bolt with a sleeve that can be used in lue of the two short shoulder bolts?

Happy New Years, gentlemen. I may go home and look this press over again to see if any other items are out of wack. All the best,
    Christopher

If the shoulder bolt is stripped out then the only real option is to try and repair that with a roll pin they same way the older models were assembled. How successful that would be is just a guess. I wish you luck but that one may be past it's useful life.

I have a 3 hole press along with a Pro1000 press that all use the same frame parts. Now I'm not sure if I should start looking for used parts presses or get ready to move on... I am rather fond of my 3 hole turret press.

Now I know the new model Pro1000 still uses the same turrets as the old red base model so the tool heads have to be compatible which makes me believe the old head with the 3 hole turret should swap onto the new 4 head value turret press. Again something else I will have to look into.

Moderator Emeritus

With that said, will the https://leeprecision.com/roller-handle-upgrade-kit.html work on my turret press? That looks to be a good upgrade but I am thinking that is for the 4 hole turret press and won't mate with my 3 hole turret press. I suspect you will know this better than I do, though.
    Christopher, Yes, I have installed one of these on a 3 hole turret press.

Since photobucket.com started charging high dollars for their site I haven't transitioned over to another webpage to host pictures. Thus, the reason I haven't posted any. That needs remedied, as well.
    I started using Photobucket again, I still use the free version, they changed their policies...if you still have an account with them, you would be good to go.
    read this for more info:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ved&highlight=

My next problem is that when removing the passenger side shoulder bolt I found out the hole's threads are stripped. I believe that may have caused the break to occur in the first place as the toggles show recent signs of wear on the sides due to being cocked out of alignment. One would think this would have been noticeable when cycling the handle but I never felt any grinding taking place. Is there a long bolt with a sleeve that can be used in lue of the two short shoulder bolts?
    Since the new upgrade is Steel, I bet if you find a way to correct the alignment, you should be good to go.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    If the shoulder bolt is stripped out then the only real option is to try and repair that with a roll pin they same way the older models were assembled. How successful that would be is just a guess. I wish you luck but that one may be past it's useful life.

I have a 3 hole press along with a Pro1000 press that all use the same frame parts. Now I'm not sure if I should start looking for used parts presses or get ready to move on... I am rather fond of my 3 hole turret press.

Now I know the new model Pro1000 still uses the same turrets as the old red base model so the tool heads have to be compatible which makes me believe the old head with the 3 hole turret should swap onto the new 4 head value turret press. Again something else I will have to look into.
    It will swap.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherO View Post
    Jimkim, it is letter C that I need. Have one to sell?
    I may be able to part with one, IF I can figure out how to get that toggle to work with one from my old Challenger press. I'll let you know.

PM Sent

Last edited by jimkim; 01-01-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have never seen one of the old toggles break. I've seen a ton of the ones that replaced them, get broken. Can you guess which one is the original?

Boolit Mold
    If you change to another brand i am looking for a handle for a old LEE 3 turret psess.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Fleebay you can find those presses for $35.00
    You could not now if you haven't looked lately you will be amazed