MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading PBcastco

Thread: A question about Accurate Molds Bullet design #31-090V

A question about Accurate Molds Bullet design #31-090V

I have been dabbling in cat sneeze loads for the marlin 336 30-30. Been reading up and playing around with reduced loads using pistol powders (unique, w231, and power pistol). My goal is to keep things as light and quiet as I reasonably can while maintaining useful accuracy for plinking and light varmint work. Basically the same work that a 22LR does.

So far so good......have been using the 150 grain boolits cast from the LYMAN 311440 mold. It's a great boolit, but is a bit heavy for what I am trying to do so now I am shopping around for a mold that will give me a lightweight option. The lee 113 grainer is by far the most cost effective thing I've seen so far. Also considering the LYMAN 311008.

I have been browsing the Accurate Molds lineup and there are a ton of choices. Too many to choose from. Anyone with practical experience with reduced 30-30 loads using light boolits from Accurate Molds please share your thoughts on those molds. I am looking at the ones in the 100 grains or less weight range, particularly the ones with a wide metplat like design #31-090V. Anyone using that mold in 30-30?
    ~Charlie U.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The Lyman #311008 or earlier #3118 are good choices for a .30-30 small game load. I haven't had as good accuracy at ranges beyond 50 yards with the lighter bullets, but they are OK to 25-30 yards if you keep the loads light, 3-5 grains of Bullseye. Accurate 31-125D is a good choice too.

Attachment 232738Attachment 232739
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Lymans 31108 or 311316gc over 5.0 unique shoots extremely well out of my savage 24 30/30. up to 9.0 g works well also, but is louder.