Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Christmas Dinner - What's cookin'??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber1911 View Post
    We are going way non traditional, homemade pizzas and smoked wings!!
    Can't usually go wrong if ya make it yourselves, and maybe it will become a "traditional" meal for you in the future!

Merry Christmas !!!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Just got home from our annual two-family Xmas 'Potluck Brunch'. Menu this year included: Fresh waffles, (genuine!) German Apfelstrudel, Biscuits & Gravy, Hopple Popple (another German classic), Monte Cristo Sandwiches, Bacon, (homemade) Sausage, and a fresh fruit platter along with an assortment of doughnuts/sweet rolls. Doubt if we'll be doing much in the way of an Xmas dinner this evening.

Bill
    Well, it sounds like a good feed was had by all, regardless! No wonder you may not do anything else for Xmas dinner!
    LOL

Merry Christmas !!!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    For Christmas Eve we had crab cakes, shrimp wrapped in bacon and steamed shrimp. Wife made crab dip for an appetizer.

Christmas day dinner was a standing rib roast with baked potatoes and steamed mixed vegetables.

Assorted home baked cookies, fudge and a cheese and bologna tray for snacking.

Boolit Master

My FIL and I do most of the cooking to feed the family tribe at Thanksgiving and Christmas. This one included a spiral ham, a country ham, turkey breasts, 2 kinds of dressing, mashed potatoes , gravy, Momma's Baked Beans,green beans, mac and cheese, broccoli casserole(not me, I hate broccoli !), cranberry sauce with and without berries,sweet potato casserole, plenty of yeast rolls, sweet tea of course(not that I can have any !)
    Deserts- pecan pie, chocolate pie, strawberry pie, chocolate cake, Christmas sugar cookies. We feed family and anybody they can bring that otherwise would not get a home-cooked holiday meal, some of 'em I never catch their name, too busy serving up vittles. Try to send anything left away in go plates . Kids table holds 8 and so does the kitchen table, but we run 'em through in shifts and it always works out. Have fed over 40, only 23 this Christmas.
    Tomorrow I'm eating hot dogs ! Don't want to even walk by the ham and turkey aisle in the grocery store for a few months.

Moderator Emeritus

Only 5 of us. Ham, rolls, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole and mandarin orange/cottage cheese/jello salad. Blueberry & pineapple pies.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Spiral cut ham, turkey breast, raspberry sherbet, sweet potato pie, mashed potatoes, ambrosia, green beans, rolls, pecan pie, and sooooo much more,
    Ready to POP

Merry Christmas
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Just sitting around wondering what to fix for supper.Knock on door.There stands a friend and his wife.Come in says I.Merry Christmas.And there they stand with TWO large "meat lovers" pizzas from Papa Johns.Plus a 6 pack of ice cold beer to wash it down with.They said Merry Christmas.Enjoy a no cooking Christmas Day on us.
    Wish there were more good folks like that in this old world.
    Wishing all here a Merry Christmas and a healthy,happy,safe and prosperous New Year.And as Tiny Tim said God bless one and all.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Mrs. mac60 has outdone herself. Prime rib, a turkey breast cooked in the air fryer, ham, dressing, cream corn and baked beans. What a feast!
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Grand Master

Ours was yesterday but bone in smoked ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, a couple of casseroles, and homemade yeast rolls slathered in butter. Chocolate pie, tea or coke. Theres a reason that I'm fat!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Grand gesture & in the Christmas spirit to invite the fellow over! Good on ya'll for that!

Looks to me that your dinner is going to be Great! Have a wonderful time!

Merry Christmas !!!
    JB,
    It was a great time. The “old fellow” is only 3 years older than I am, but in bad shape. A hard life, cigarettes, and too much booze have wrecked a toll on the man. My fiancé is 12 years younger than I am and she makes me feel young. She is a real Christian and we agree that we need to look out for him.

He only went out for one smoke in the 5 hours we spent together and did not get drunk even though the beer and booze were free. Not a easy thing for an alcoholic to do. We watched a couple of Christmas movies and chatted and had a few laughs. He stayed well past his normal bed time.

It felt good to help a lonely soul on this special day.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Roast leg of lamb, roast chicken, dressing, yams, red potatoes, and some sort of green to be named later! Had Swedish pancakes bananas foster, Cowboy scrambled eggs, bacon, & sausage for breakfast and we have been snacking all day!

Boolit Master
    Spent Christmas with me and bob my pit bull. Wife is off with our youngest daughter and our grandson. Two fried pork chops some mixed veggies and some cranberry sauce. When cooking for myself tend to keep it very simple as I am bu no means what passes for a cook. Frank

Boolit Master
    Well, it looks like there was a bunch of replies while I was away and it would be some time in my replying to each, so let me just say that I read thru them all & thank you all for sharing your dinners with everyone!

Lots of interesting & appetizing eats mentioned & it looks like just about all had an enjoyable meal for Christmas. From Pizza & beer to some pretty elaborate dinners!

I want to thank all who shared their doins & once again, I hope ya'll had a Wonderful & Merry Christmas !!!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Like we have every Christmas.....My wife bought a spiral cut ham, my MIL's vegetable soup, my BIL's chili (w/beans), being in Mexifornia, tamales (beef, chicken,cheese), and the best...my daughter's strawberry cheese cake. Merry Christmas & hopefully, a prosperous New Year.

Boolit Master
    I tried a couple of spiral cut hams and never liked them. The meat seems to pick up a weird texture because every slice is exposed to air.
    But back to dinner. We had prime rib, mashed potatoes, sauteed broccoli and fresh corn and Hawaiian rolls. Wife made a 3 layer coconut cake for dessert. Entire meal was a success. Best part was I bought a prime rib larger than we needed so leftovers tonight.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Went to my brother's house for Christmas Day dinner and he had bought a large turkey to soak in brine to thaw, smoke, and then bake.

He soaked it in brine inside, instead of in the garage where it was 36 degrees. He lifted the lid of the plastic bucket it was in and smelled that it had gone bad overnight.

So, no smoked turkey for us! But the rest of the meal was wonderful!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12