Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 10mm revolver

10mm revolver

Groo here
    For out bullet designers.
    Now that we have 10mm revolvers, a new boolet is needed.
    I though a 180 to 200gr [ or 220] with 2 crimp grooves.[or front driving band]
    one for factory length [auto] loads and one for 10mm mag length loads [ I know they won't work in an auto]
    I have a Ruger GP100 10mm WC 3in.
    The cylinder [with case] is 1.62 +- some Call it 1.6in..
    The 10mm mag is 1.555in and the 10mm is 1.26 in.
    As these guns have been converted to 10mm mag all ready.
    The correct design boolet would allow the 10mm mag OAL and loading data but 10mm cases could be used.
    Note . this is just for revolvers.....

Talk to Tom at Accurate Molds. He'll make what you want, and you'll be pleased with his workmanship and service.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

Boolit Master
    I don't see where this is an issue. Your 3" revolver is not going to make use if a case full of slower powder. I would use a 200gr that is available.

I'm all for buying something custom I just don't see where you gain any thing with this set up.

Not trying to piss in your cherros. I get tunnel vision on projects. Just wondering if this is really important.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have a Ruger Blackhawk 10mm revolver and a single-shot 10mm rifle. These are the Accurate designs I am fooling with. The heavier bullets have a long nose to exploit the ruger cylinder length without reducing powder capacity. All of these are in the online catalog and can be ordered now with 3-week delivery. When you order dimensions can be tweaked for your gun and alloy:

Attachment 232664Attachment 232665Attachment 232666Attachment 232667Attachment 232668
    Last edited by Outpost75; 12-24-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Since both my son and I have .401 Herter Powermags, I would be interested in some molds in .401"-403" diameter. I had Accurate Molds take a .41 Magnum mold and cut it to .403", but that is only one mold.

The 252-grain Accurate with compressed charge of 16 grs. of 4227 is da,bomb!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

I have become enamored with this 10MM GP for some reason.

Been a 10MM fan since my 13XX sn Delta Elite. I have since added a second Delta and a few glocks as wel as a carbine. But never a revolver, a SA in 10mm never even got a reaction to me. I knew Ruger released this gun as wel as the Match Target 4” gun. But this 3” with its novak sites and full bbl looks sharp! Another plus is I am also a 40 fan so being able to shoot them too is a bonus to me!

I will end up with one here by the end of spring! Love to hear your (anyone who has one) thoughts on it.

I have wanted a good WFN bullet for the ten for years. Never ordered one. I have a Lyman T/C 200g and all three of the Lee molds offerings. I shoot the 145&175 TC bullets the most. My 40’s like that lil 145g and the 10 likes the 175 but none will shoot the 175TL and my 40 carbine refuses to even feed it. I have been buying and sparingly shooting 200g WFNGC bullets from DOUBLE TAP. Its a nice looking bullet that feeds well thru my G29/20 postols.

I know this wont do a darn thing my G29 cannot. But look good doing it!! I always placed more faith in the dureability of a good revolver than a auto. But chose the auto for its higher capasity and proven reloability.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I am looking for something 210+ grains for the .401 Powermags. I am going to check out that Accurate 252 grain mold, but it is certainly not an "either or" proposition. Off topic, but has anybody heard of someone doing a 10mm magnum conversion on any of the Rugers?

Boolit Master

I have read somewhere that some folks have done this, yes.

But finding brass as well as load data is mostly gonna be on you is a issue for some.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I have read somewhere that some folks have done this, yes.

But finding brass as well as load data is mostly gonna be on you is a issue for some.

CW
    Starline makes 10mm mag brass and has it in stock. That is 90% of the battle. I would gravitate more towards a .41 magnum myself, but for the guys who buy semi-automatic cartridges in revolvers, this might be a project for them.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I fail to see the need for revolvers chambered in auto rounds but thats just me. If they can sell them then there is a need. The 10 mm is a good cartridge but i carry a snub 41 mag and there is nothing a 10 mm can do that a 41 mag can't.

Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I am looking for something 210+ grains for the .401 Powermags. I am going to check out that Accurate 252 grain mold, but it is certainly not an "either or" proposition. Off topic, but has anybody heard of someone doing a 10mm magnum conversion on any of the Rugers?
    NM Blackhawk works fine. You can BUY one from the factory in 10mm Auto!

Not sure what you mean by 10mm "Magnum" but there is also the 10x25mm Rimmed, which is formed by necking down Starline .44 Russian brass. It has about 8% more capacity than the 10mm Auto. Cases form in one pass, no trimming or neck reaming. Fill the case up with a suitable powder and stuff a bullet in it. Accurate 252-grain FN, 16 grs. IMR4227, 1084 fps from Ruger Vaquero with 5-inch barrel, or 1340 fps from 22" carbine. No GCs needed, use Green Mountain 1:16" twist barrel. Manson makes the reamer. Or John Taylor has the chamber AND die reamer so can do either rifle or revolver and make dies for you, which is what I did. VERY happy with the result.

Attachment 238611Attachment 238612
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-25-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned
    No matter what you do (I love my 10mm semiauto) you will never make any 10mm revolver run in the same league as a 44 Magnum or Modern 45 Colt, not to mention the 460/475/500 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by WehrmannsGeweher View Post
    No matter what you do (I love my 10mm semiauto) you will never make any 10mm revolver run in the same league as a 44 Magnum or Modern 45 Colt, not to mention the 460/475/500 crowd.
    I have never seen any need to.

A 250-grainer over 1000 fps from a 5" revolver in a caliber which starts with a "4" does all required of a packing pistol.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned
    Depends where you are packing. A 330 gr .429 FNHC at 1350 is bigger.

These guys don't respect small bores (chuckle)

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I don't plan on messing with him with a handgun to start with. But if push came to shove he will catch a few of what ever i have. To keep him from eating me i would poke him with a sharp stick if thats all i got.

Banned
    While there are a lot of bad things in N. Virginia, I doubt you'll ever see Mr. Griz, unlike where I hang my spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by WehrmannsGeweher View Post
    While there are a lot of bad things in N. Virginia, I doubt you'll ever see Mr. Griz, unlike where I hang my spurs.
    This guy hangs out in my subdivision and harasses the local pit bull terriers, but he ignores the Jack Russell's which run circles around him yapping. Mostly he seeks homes where people leave dog food out, or bird feeders.

Attachment 238744

Mostly he is well behaved, but he knows what rubber buckshot is and keeps his distance.

Attachment 238745
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Not sure what you mean by 10mm "Magnum"
    The AMT Automag IV was chambered for the 10mm Magnum, along with the .45 Magnum.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-...0MM-Mag-Brass/

http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt10mag.htm

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    The 252-grain Accurate with compressed charge of 16 grs. of 4227 is da,bomb!
    Is that 10mm auto, or magnum?