RotoMetals2Graf & SonsStainLess Steel MediaInline Fabrication
RepackboxWideners

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: .45 Winchester Magnum

  1. #1
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99

    .45 Winchester Magnum

    Are there manuals out there that would have load data for a .45 Winchester Magnum?

  2. #2
    Boolit Master

    Hickory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Black Swamp of Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,771
    I load mine (T/C Conterder) 15% less than a 44 mag with 296, H110, AA9, 2400 then work up from there.
    It's a good caliber, too bad it didn't catch on with shooters and hunters.
    It's the only gun I have that's got a name, I call it the 'boom-whacker'.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

    I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

  3. #3
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    696
    Check Speer Number 11 Reloading Manual. Mines in storeage down south.

  4. #4
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I load mine (T/C Conterder) 15% less than a 44 mag with 296, H110, AA9, 2400 then work up from there.
    It's a good caliber, too bad it didn't catch on with shooters and hunters.
    It's the only gun I have that's got a name, I call it the 'boom-whacker'.
    I got some .45 Win Mag with a gun I just bought.

  5. #5
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    WV USA
    Posts
    358
    I always wondered if you could use .45 Win Mag brass in a Ruger .45 Colt / .45acp Redhawk with moonclips and have an anti-material revolver.

  6. #6
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I always wondered if you could use .45 Win Mag brass in a Ruger .45 Colt / .45acp Redhawk with moonclips and have an anti-material revolver.
    The guy I got the Redhawk from said that he had used it to get the bullet closer to the barrel.

  7. #7
    Boolit Master GARD72977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TUPELO MS
    Posts
    1,077
    Pm sent
    " If you cant do it with a 308 , you dont need to do it!

  8. #8
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    472
    The Lee manual has it along with some older Lyman manuals.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tom, VA
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsknife View Post
    Are there manuals out there that would have load data for a .45 Winchester Magnum?
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

    There are plenty of data for this cartridge.

  10. #10
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99

    Lee Manual Edition?

    Quote Originally Posted by 30calflash View Post
    The Lee manual has it along with some older Lyman manuals.
    What edition of the Lee Manual?

  11. #11
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99
    Thank you

  12. #12
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsknife View Post
    What edition of the Lee Manual?
    The second edition has it, lots of info with Hodgdon and Accurate powders.

    Other powder manufacturers had it when it was popular, 1980- early 2000, If you have access to manuals from that time frame I think you will find more on it.

  13. #13
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Oregon
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    Check Speer Number 11 Reloading Manual. Mines in storeage down south.
    Only problem with Speer #11 is that they did not include OAL measurements for any of the loads in the book

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check