Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dietz Air Pilot Kerosine Lantern Sale. $9.99

You've all apparently had better luck with Deitz than I've had. I've never seen one that didn't have kerosene wicking or seeping out onto the base. I'll keep my Aladdins for in the house lighting. I've got a caboose model if the ground starts shaking.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    We had a power outage a few years ago during warm weather. SWMBO started complaining that we had lost lights and everything else electrically powered since the electricity had gone out. I answered we could still use the gas range top for cooking so everything was not lost. How so, she asked. I explained that the gas flow was not interrupted. Just open the valve to a burner and hold a match to it. It will light and we can cook. A few minutes later she shouted back "It won't light!" I walked into the kitchen and asked her to show me what she did to light the burner. Like I suggested, she opened a burner valve, then took a match out of the box and held it over the burner. "See, it won't light up at all" she complained. I answered "First you have to strike the match before the burner will light..." She gave me the deer in the headlights stare and very softly said "oh...." It was String Bean who said it best: Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction." All of the above is a true story. Sad, but true.
    Sitting at the table one night I asked my better half "what day is the 4th of July on this year".....we all have our moments.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Sitting at the table one night I asked my better half "what day is the 4th of July on this year".....we all have our moments.
    A reasonable question. I prefer them on Fridays or Mondays.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, the Air Pilot's showed up already! Well packaged and most of twice the size of the Mars No 78 I have. Light blue and very well packaged. I am quite happy with them considering the $15 shipped each I paid for them and the quickness they showed up.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Got my lanterns yesterday, very nice, winter storm on the way, good to have them on hand if needed!
    Aim Small Miss Small

Boolit Master
    Ya'll mind post a pic of your lanterns?

Aim Small Miss Small

Boolit Buddy
    I bought two for the house. The wife and I had gone out for lunch the day they arrived. When we came back home the box was on the steps but was blocking the door. She pushed the box aside so she could open the door and down the steps they tumbled! I told her the box was her Christmas present and it was very breakable. I brought the box inside and she opened it up. I was very happy to see they were packaged so well even my wife's tumbling them down the steps had no effect on them.

That night we lit one to see how well it would light the living room and it did a fine job. She's happy with the lanterns and so am I.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I just bought a couple for the pole barn/fire pit area. Nice soft lighting. Kerosene is not that readily available here though. .
    I've got a few old Dietz lanterns and always used grocery store charcoal lighter fluid in them.
    During mosquito infestations, I use that citronella Tiki torch fluid.
    If you're outside, and not bothered by the stink, Diesel fuel will work too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12