Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: New Marlin Bolt action

Boolit Buddy

New Marlin Bolt action

Anyone own or shot one of the new Marlin Bolt action rifles - I wish they were available in Stainless or atleast had matte bluing, but for the price its tough to complain. Just wondering if anyone had any personal feedback. Appreciate any info - I'm looking specifically at the camo version in 25-06. Thanks Bill

Banned

I have one in 30-06. Just got it recently.

Have not shot it yet.

It is a very nice gun for the money IMO.

The trigger is great! Metal work looks good, it fits the synthetic stock nicely, the recoil rubber pad is thick and practical!

Overall I really like it!

I have not shot it yet because I'm really wanting to turn it into a 35 whelen...

and they say 'don't shoot the doner gun, cause then you'll never change it.'

well I may just break down and shoot it.

It came with scope bases to mount on it. Weaver ones.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks

I read few articles about them, but I can never really accept the writer's opinions, since most of the guns reviewed are usually also advertisers in the publications. Good to hear feedback from an owner. I have yet to get my hands on one in any of the local stores, so I'm relying on the good folks hear before placing an order thru a local dealer. Thanks again - Bill

Moderator Emeritus

I have one in 06. It will not outshoot the old Savage but does decent work. I am embarassed to say I worked up a load with 165 gr hornadys and it has never seen lead as I have another 06 for that. If I were to do it agaain on the cheap I would try a Stevens 200 only because the trigger is easier to upgrade.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Super Moderator

................First one I saw was on a magazine cover and I thought I was looking at a Savage. Read the article and it said they took (IIRC) a couple years in development to get what they wanted. Surprised me all to heck as it looked like they took a Savage and put their name on it

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    There is a forum for them at Marlinowners. Here is the link and lots of great information.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php?board=78.0

Most folks seem to like them really well and are reporting out of the box sub MOA. I am leaning toward a .270 myself for my first bolt action rifle.

Dave

Boolit Buddy

Thanks

Great link - didn't know about that site - Thanks Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by msp2640 View Post
    Great link - didn't know about that site - Thanks Bill
    We have lots of members here that belong at MO as well and vice/versa. Cast boolit shooters have quite a bit in common with leverguners.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by VTDW View Post
    We have lots of members here that belong at MO as well and vice/versa. Cast boolit shooters have quite a bit in common with leverguners.

Dave
    +1 to that. Lots of great guys over there with a wealth of knowledge about all things Marlin. Very polite. Reminds me of being here.

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone know any of the Mods over at Marlinowners? I can't get in because my password expired or became inactive. I'd like to get back in, but I can't seem to get an e-mail to the mod or site owner.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by 0802 View Post
    Anyone know any of the Mods over at Marlinowners? I can't get in because my password expired or became inactive. I'd like to get back in, but I can't seem to get an e-mail to the mod or site owner.

Josh
    Send a PM to VDTW on this site and a few posts above on this thread. He's the owner of the MO site.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpguy View Post
    +1 to that. Lots of great guys over there with a wealth of knowledge about all things Marlin. Very polite. Reminds me of being here.
    We are similar indeed. We have a very polite membership for sure but we watch close just like Admin has to do here as well because everyone has a bad day on occasion and of course, there are troublemakers everywhere. It is great to have a place to get questions answered about casting, tools and equipment as well as having the opportunity to share knowledge. Cast Boolits is a favored site at MO and we plagerize (but give reference) from this site on occasion.

Josh, like BA said, drop me an e-mail and we will get you set back up.

Dave

Got my new Rifle mag last night. They reviewed it and said it was a good deal. 3006 tested, 1 to 1.5 groups and no malfunctions.