Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Encore pro hunter 209X45

Encore pro hunter 209X45

I have seen video of a feller shooting a 209X45 pro hunter barrel. I have looked for awhile now for the 45 cal barrel for my Encore to no avail.

Has anybody seen or heard of these barrels?

I own a 209X50 Mag but no 45.

Maybe this is a custom barrel. Anxious to hear from yall on this.

Yes, Bullberry Barrel Works offers custom 209 X .45 & 209 X .50 ProHunter barrels.
    See at the bottom of the page:--->>> https://www.bullberry.com/custom-encore-barrels

See this page for more details about black powder barrels:--->>> https://www.bullberry.com/black-powder-barrels

Boolit Master
    They used to make a 45 Contender black powder barrel.

I guess i had assumed that TC had built a 45 cal X 209 barrel. Maybe this is the why of why I can't seem to locate an OEM barrel for my Encore

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    I guess i had assumed that TC had built a 45 cal X 209 barrel. Maybe this is the why of why I can't seem to locate an OEM barrel for my Encore
    I believe they did make one at one time. Give them a call and ask. Might still have one.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes they made a.45 barrel for the Encore.They made two different twists they changed the twist because of complaints about lack of accuracy.Mine is the supposedly later better twist.I have 6 or so inlines the 45 gave me the most trouble finding a accurate load but I've learned a lot about inlines since then so some of it might have been me.If you find one try the heavier bullets.There has been some issues with TCs QLA a lot of guns shoot a lot better with it cut off.

Boolit Master
    While looking for another barrel for my Pro Encore, I see that grabagun.com sells the 45cal TC barrels for this gun. They also have the best prices on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    While looking for another barrel for my Pro Encore, I see that grabagun.com sells the 45cal TC barrels for this gun. They also have the best prices on the net.
    I could only find a .50 ML barrel on that website.--->>> https://grabagun.com/t-c-pro-hntr-en...rce=igodigital
    Do you have a link for a .45?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticap View Post
    I could only find a .50 ML barrel on that website.--->>> https://grabagun.com/t-c-pro-hntr-en...rce=igodigital
    Do you have a link for a .45?
    I had found that barrel on their site last night while looking for a .223 barrel for my gun. I remembered bigted wanting one and that's why I added the comment on it. Today, I can't find it on there. I have no idea where it went, but it was on the site last night. Of that I'm not mistaken. I have found in the past that grabagun's website can have some peculiarities at times. I found a Burris FF3 advertised on another site and it listed grabagun as having a very low price on this red dot. If I hit that link it took me to grabagun's site on a page where you can ask for a quote on a product. If you just go to grabagun's site that page isn't visible. I'm not sure who's created their web site and its finer attributes, but sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't. Might pay to give them a call?

NSB, Thanks for posting the link to the Grabagun website.
    They do have some good deals on certain items and being able to ask for a price matching quote is an added benefit.
    They also seem to have low shipping prices.
    I will check them out more to compare prices in the future.

Boolit Master
    bigted,
    If you're heart's set on a 45cal Encore Pro Hunter there are still options....although a bit more costly. Check this out https://matchgrademachine.com/produc...ome-moly-copy/
    I have bought their barrels and they are first rate. Just a parting thought from me...why a 45cal ? I've owned several of them over the years and in my opinion they give up everything to the 50cal's. I've never been able to find any advantage to the 45 over the 50 in any meaningful way. That's only my experience though. I've shot an awful lot of deer with muzzle loaders since I started playing with them right around fifty years ago and I've always marveled at how well the fifty works on deer and the forty-five works, but not nearly as well. Shooting saboted bullets with both and there's not a huge difference. Shooting round balls and it's night and day difference. You might just be better off sticking to your 50cal for deer. Anyway, it's all fun so good luck on finding a 45.

My quest for a 45 cal barrel is just academic. One day id like to mess with one, however it does not drive me. Just curiosity and desire to mess with something.

Not a thing wrong with my 50. I much prefer side locks but find the Encore platform to be fun too. Can not hunt with the Encore BP here in Oregon as we have to have open ignition as well as no 209 primers. So hunting is accomplished with good old side locks anyway.